When in Rome: An Ending For Tyber Mitango

This is my own entry and was not included in the When in Rome Games. Fortunately I was sponsored in these games by the Head Gamemaker (thanks -celestial-) and I don't really get sponsored often so that was a huge surprise.
Sorry in advance about the lame ending XD but without further ado - This is my ending for Tyber...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as quickly as Pluto had appeared, he vanished. The only trace of his visit was the mutilated body of Antonio Silver that lay on the ground.

"Let's keep going." I told the pair, leading the way into the palace. As we entered the huge black doors, I noticed three women.

"And they arrive!" the middle one cheered quietly.

Since I listened in school, I knew that these were Parcae. Parcae are three goddesses who determined the fate of every human being — if you believed in what the Ancient Romans preached. These three 'fates' were far from pretty. They all had the same black messy bird nest that barely passed as hair and their pale skin was wrinkled badly — like a prune.

I had no idea of their purpose here, but I would choose the easiest option first. I walked forward to make my way through the next door catching the eye of the end fate; Morta.

"You think you can all make it through," she grinned, her teeth — well what she had left of them — were stained black and yellow. I stopped and saw what she held. Three threads dangled from her hand — and I knew that they were ours.

"Only two can pass."

Two. I immediately thought of getting rid of Eden first and, apparently, so did Phae.

"How did I know this would happen?" he sighed but drew his sword with a smirk.

I didn't answer him, nor did Phae. We both went on the attack and jumped at him. I swung my sword low, while Phae and her claws went straight for his face. Somehow, he dodged them easily. Then it hit me — he was the real competitor all along. I couldn't let through, he had to die now. I parried with him but he flung my sword to the ground easily, I cursed myself for being so stupid. I drew my dagger and battled him with it, but despite having two opponents — he had the advantage. He kicked Phae back so I used the chance to tackled him. We tumbled around until he threw me off and advanced on Phae, who was distracted by retrieving her claws. Eden drew his dagger and aimed.

My heart twisted, but I knew what I had to do.

I jumped to my feet and sprinted for Phae, I knew Eden was focused on Phae and his aim so he wouldn't notice me until it was too late. As the dagger left his hand, everything went in slow motion.

It spun through the air; I lunged for Phae and shoved her away from the dagger. He was aiming for her chest, and my dive wasn't meant to protect me — it was to protect Phae. I felt the dagger pierce my skin as it buried itself in my chest.

All I could hear was Phae's screams as several knives and metal stars flew at Eden's body but he disappeared through the door.

"Phae?" I whispered croakily, my head began to feel dizzy but I persevered.

"Goddammit Tyber." She growled, kneeling at my side, "I can't believe you — I mean, I've tried to kill you! Did your parents drop you or something?"

The mention of my parents made a tear fall down my face. I stared into her eyes, seeing genuine feelings from her. Sadness was one.

"It's what you do when you love someone," I whispered, "Just promise me that you'll win, okay?"

She nodded, she didn't want to cry. She was stopping herself, so she stared at the ground.

"And Phae?" I added, I knew I couldn't keep this up so I had to tell her for real. She looked up to meet my eyes.

"I love you." I said, barely able to talk. I closed my eyes and listened to one sob before I felt her cool lips on my forehead.

"Thankyou Tyber." She whispered.

Then, the world went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's that. Now onto my alliance. In these Games, the Career alliance I was in was HUGE! I'm talking about 9 people - NINE! They were all great to work with, and four of us managed to make it to the Semis. So I would like to thank:

AKA-ANONYMOUS (Phae), TheFactionless (Eden), ally_osheaxoxo (Nixie), EnyaFitz (Fuse and Ula), HollyFitz1 (Valarie), 2cutecavvy (Aissalyine) and xShade (Adam).

Also a huge thank you to -celestial- for hosting these fantastic games! The tasks and intros to the tasks were always fun to read! Thank you!

So now for the placings. Four of my allies (including me) made it to the semis, congrats Phae, Eden and Nixie. However, Nixie and I were knocked out. Eden went on to get 5th place and Phae went on to get 1st place.

6th and 5th: Nixie (ally) and Tyber (me)

4th: Eden (Factionless)

3rd: Jonah (PrettyInPaleBlue)

2nd: Jaiden (KateLawerence1)

1st: Phaedra (AKA)