Misfortune: Task 1 (Aaron Cooper) D10

** Task - Let it Begin **

My stupid stylist dressed me up as a farmer. I mean, how can they be serious about this. What a piece of crap this is. I'm in a pair of overalls and some big boots that look ridiculous. I can't wait to get my hands on my stylist while he sleeps..... He will have a lovely surprise. I walked over to my horse that will be leading me. I wish I could teach him to kill with me..... I turned to get on the chariot. This will be very boring. Especially in this piece of clothing, if I could call it that. I looked at my District partner. Her long hair was out, I could just imagine picking her up and swinging her around by the hair. Oh what joy it would bring me. The carts in front of us begin to move. Our mentor told us, the girl and me, to smile and be nice to the crowd. I don't want to do that. The girl waved at the crowd smiling. I groaned mentally. I want to stay alive for enough time to do some killing. I waved at the people. I just pretended that each wave was a kill. I want to kill you, and you, and you. And the chic in the rose dress. She looked like a potato ready for harvest. The chariot stopped suddenly, I sized up all the people I will be killing. One easy pick will be the youngest one, she's dressed as a tree. A simple cut would do her. Her partner wouldn't be so easy, he might be a good ally though. I had no interest in what Mr. Important was saying, all the fun would be when the killing started. I don't even recall a word that was said. I was too focused on getting my hands on some career blood. Just thinking of the possiblilties makes my mouth water..... The chariot moved once again. Back into the rooms, I supposed. I grinned at the tree girl. I hoped that the boy tree wasn't with her. It'd make my killing harder. Oh well. All I need now is some food. District 10 has crappy food. I needed some more muscle if I wanted to win this Game.

I woke up for the first morning in the Capitol. I had a small breakfast of some toasted bread and bacon. We weren't allowed to eat bacon back in 10. Unless it was scraps and that was very rare. The mentor, who has been nothing but a lump eating food, hasn't done anything. It's a wonder how he even got out of the arena alive. He would have been easy bait for me. After my breakfast, I was shoved into the elevator by the escort. She was a skinny thing. Not a day in the arena for her. I would have already killed her, then I could use her body for food...... The elevator made a funny sound and the doors opened and the escort, who I will call Scrawns, pushed us out. The small girl with long hair, I must find out her name, stood rooted in place. I shrugged to myself and walked over to the circle where all my competitors were standing. We were the second last to arrive. Little 'tree girl' and 'fire boy' were last. They rushed in together. The Gamemaker chic talked about something, if it was about killing I'd know, but I didn't pay attention because there was no killing-like words. All I wanted to do was rip a kid's intestines out and squeeze their eyeballs. The Gamemaker dismissed us and I ran straight to the knife section. I grew up as a butcher's son, so I have a knack for cutting things up and I occasionally practiced throwing the knives. I spun one around in my hand as a gazed around the room. My knife skills were something I didn't need to work on. Maybe another weapon would come in handy. My eyes fell on fire boy with the axe. He wielded it with ease. Of course a District 7 would be good at that. I wondered over with the knife in my hand and noticed the tree girl next to him. They are always with each other. It would be pleasure to tear them apart.
"Niles, can you teach me?" the tree girl asked,
"You won't be able to even lift it off the ground, Tessa" fire boy, Niles, answered to her,
"What about something else? I want to help you. Not be a burden,"
"I could teach you not to scream," I smirked. Tree girl, Tessa, gave me a horrified look, "I could show you what it looks like with your leg cut off too,"
"Back off, creep," she walked away, bad mistake, I wanted some blood. I lunged for her but got knocked back by the red head.
"Just leave it," he growled and ran to the little girl. What a softie he is. I went back to my knives. Practicing wouldn't hurt. I waited for a target to come up and threw the knife to the dummy that was about 20 meters away. Straight where the heart was marked. I grinned to myself and waited for another. This time is was two. Smack and smack. One was a little to the middle, but still a death shot. The other hit a dummy further than the first, straight in the heart again. I was going good. For some reason my thoughts kept going back to the tree girl. She looked familiar but I couldn't quite place her. Her voice sounded familiar too. It couldn't be coincidence. I casually walked over to them and leaned on a square post so they couldn't see me.
"Maybe we should just practice fighting," the boy said,
"We have to learn how to make fires, idiot. Otherwise we'll freeze to death," little girl replied. I could just imagine snapping her frozen finger off her hand, "Besides, if I show the Gamemakers I"m good with a slingshot there will be one in the arena, right?"
"A slingshot is small. You need something bigger,"
"You can go practice weapons then. I'll be doing the things that will help us live," the little girl walked away. I could hear her footsteps. Then the boy groaned, what a grump? He walked straight past me to the knives section. That leaves the girl on her own. I made my way over to her. She was climbing a complicated obstacle course. I could tie people up in the ropes.... what a joy to see someone hanging by their neck. I refocused on finding out more about this girl. I watched her spin on the netting, I expected her to fall but she clung on easily.
"That's very impressive," I said, coming out of the shadows. I normally didn't interact with other people, it makes you soft. But something is familiar with this girl, and I need to find out what. 
"I thought I told you to back off," she sat back on the net. I could see in her eyes that she was relaxed. She knew that I couldn't get her up there.
"I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanted to ask you if you knew me,"
"Should I know you?" she asked, her voice was mean,
"I don't know," I shrugged, my mind was racing with a thousand ways I could kill her for some reason.
"Well, why are you asking me then?"
"I don't know," I said again, "I should just go away," I ran a hand through my hair frustratingly. I wasn't very good at this. I started to walk away.
"I think I used to know someone who looked like you, but it definitely wasn't you. You're way to scary," she smiled at me for some reason. I knew that she knew she was going to die. But she was happy about that. Does any of that make sense? I started to walk away again.
"What's your name?" she called, but not loud enough for someone else to get confused,
"Aaron," I replied, turning around.
"I'm Tessa," she smiled again, "I'll see you in the arena, Aaron,". Then she started climbing again and tree boy came over. She acted as if nothing had happened. I smiled to myself but wiped my face of emotion immediately. I can't let anyone see me weak. But that girl, Tessa. I knew there was something about her, I just needed to find out.