Picture Perfect

Toni Topaz, the schools lead photographer who is looking for a new subject for her upcoming photography project.

Cheryl Blossom, the shy and reserved girl who decides to step out of her comfort zone and try something new.

Toni POV:

I pin the flyers up around school in search of a new face to photograph. Recently all my works have consisted of my friends Sweet Pea and Fangs with the occasional sunset or pictures of landscapes. My work is fine, and while I'm thankful of the boys being my models for the past shoots, I'm looking for something new. Someone to contrast against the boys usual dark personas. Someone that would bring life to my photographs and make it impossible for others to turn away at their smile.

As I'm pinning a flyer to a wall in the stairway I hear the door swing open.

"Toni!" I turned head towards the blond who called for my attention.

"Betty" I forcefully stab the last push pin into the paper before turning towards the two girls smiling as they approach. My eyes linger on a certain redhead as she nervously plays with her hands and shifts weight between her feet.

"Jug told me that you're looking for a new model" Betty practically beams and gives a quick at her cousin who seems to want to be anywhere but here.

"I am, would you happen to know of anyone?" She grins.

"Cheryl here would be a great model. Besides you both seem to have a talent when it comes to the arts and I think you guys would get along great!" The redhead's head whips up at the mention of her name and a flash of uncertainty and fear crosses her face. She looks to her cousin shaking her head before turning back to me.

"Umm I really don't think that's a good idea." She pushes a piece of hair that has fallen out of her braid behind her ear. "I wouldn't be any good, id just ruin your pictures." He checks flush pink and I watch as she chews on her bottom lip nervously. God this girl is adorable and so beautiful. She would make a perfect model. It's too bad she doesn't seem that open to it.

"It doesn't hurt to try something new and it's really easy I promise." I smile reassuringly at her and she gives me a small smile in return.

"I don't know" the small look of uncertainty returns to her face as she looks down and twists a ring around her finger.

"Please Cheryl, I think you'd be really good at it." I hold the flyers up to my chest and practically beg the girl. She looks to her cousin and swallows, nodding her head.

"Okay, I'll do it" her voice is uncertain, but her response makes me want to jump for joy.

"Thank you so much Cheryl!" Before I even realize it my arms are wrapped around the taller girl, her arms awkwardly pinned to her sides. I hear a slight chuckle as I pull back. Betty wears a smug look and she smirks at her cousin. "Sorry" I apologize and brush my hair to the side.

"It's okay Toni" Cheryl gives a small smile as I grin back at her.  The bell chimes signaling to students that it's the end of the 7th period. The chatter of kids coming out of classrooms fills the hall and I look back towards Cheryl to find her playing with the end of her braid.

"Are you free after school today?" My response is rushed, but I really want to see her again today. She's not in any of my classes and I'm not sure when I'll see her again if I don't ask. She stutters trying to form a response. "For pictures of course" her face falls slightly and she nods. "Great! I'll meet you after school then by the picnic tables! My numbers on the flyer." I thrust a flyer into her hand and allow myself to be swallowed into the wave of noisy high schoolers as they make their way to their next class. "Bye guys! See ya Cheryl!" I call over my shoulder before I'm pushed through the doors.

Cheryls POV:

Holy shit Toni Topaz talked to me. Like a fun on conversation. Nothing like the awkward hellos we've shared in the past. It's not until someone bumps into my shoulder that I'm brought back to reality. I feel my cousin grab my hand and pull me towards the math wing.

"So, looks like someone's got a date." She smirks up at me. "You're welcome by the way." Betty laughs and I see the door of the classroom come into view.

"It is not a date." I shake my head and my glasses bounce slightly on my nose. 

"Is too, did you see the way she looked at you Cher? God that girl is smitten." She cackles and a few heads turn look directly at us. My lips press into a firm smiles and I smack Bettys arm.

"She is not." I huff and we make our way into the classroom.

"She is, but whatever." I roll my eyes and we take out seats. "So what look are you going to go with for the photoshoot? Total babe, or seductive librarian?" She smirks again giving me a side eye. Scowling I flip open my notebook to a clean page and take out a pen.

"There is nothing wrong with the way I dress." I quip, but I take the time to look over my outfit. An overalls dress firmly strapped over a burgundy long sleeve. Signing and start to scribble across the page. Surly I can not take pictures in these clothes. As if she's read my mind Betty tells me she has a dress that I can wear.

END OF SCHOOL:

Toni POV;

The bell ring and students flood out of the classroom eager to get home. I make my way over to the picnic tables and throw myself down and bring my legs up to my chest. A streak of red hair catches my attention and I watch a Betty and Cheryl made their way out of the school and down the stairway entrance.

WROTE THIS A WHILE BACK AND NEVER FINISHED, BUT ENJOY:)