Sleepover

Cheryl POV
I watch as Toni finishes dancing and the music comes to a stop. She was actually really good better then me probably but I would never admit that "Okay well I don't think there is anyway you amateurs are gonna too that so practice is over vixens, inner circle stay back" most girls start walking to the locker room while Veronica, Josie and cousin Betty stay back. "Toni" I call over to her
" umm yeah?"
"Come join us please" I smile at her and she makes her way over the our little group.
"I'm throwing a mandatory slumber party at Thistle house to celebrate Toni joining our squad. Dinner at 8 party games to follow" I smile walking off. I hear soft whispers behind me.
"That was weird" -Betty
"I know right! Someone has a crush" Veronica laughs. I roll my eyes.
" I do not have a crush" I say turning around "She's just a...friend" I stumble trying to find the right word.
"Sure" Betty winks following Veronica into the changing room. I look over at Toni who is sitting on the bleachers on her phone. Her shirt tied up so that her stomach is exposed showing off her toned muscles and caramel skin. She's beautiful. 
"Like what you see bombshell" she teases
"You wish Topaz" I turn and walk into the changing room.

*At the sleepover*
The girls and I were upstairs laughing at some stupid joke Josie just told when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it" I jump of my bed and fly down the stairs to the door. When I open it I'm met with non other then Toni Topaz. "You're late" I say.
"By what like 3 minutes?" She laughs
"I'll let it slide this time" I laugh grabbing her hand pulling her up the stairs "come on" when we reach my bedroom door I drop her hand walking in. "Look who decided to show up" I smirk.
"Toni!" Betty smiles and hugs her.
"Hey Betty, hows Jug?"
"He's good, we're good, it's been a while since we've gotten to talk"she smiles I stare at Betty jealous that she gets to talk with Toni.
"Guys look at Cheryl she's jealous" Veronica laughs.
"No I'm not, why would I be jealous" I defend  myself.
"Maybe because..."
"That's enough Veronica" I interrupt " now how about we play a game or something" I ask
"ohhh we should  truth or dare" said Josie
"Why not" we all sat on my bed in a circle and I was between Toni and Josie.
"I'll go first" Veronica says "hmmm um Toni truth or dare?"
"Truth"
"Tell is about your first kiss" she smirks at me and I roll my eyes. Seriously V.
" oh umm well" she laughs " it was really bad, it was with a guy named Noah and when he kissed me he shoved his tongue in my mouth and started chewing on my lip" she laughs
"but yeah that's it, now it's my turn ummm Cheryl" I hmm in response. "Truth or dare"
" Dare"
" I dare you to jump in the pool with your clothes on" she dares me.
"Seriously? That's the best you could come up with" I laugh and she shrugs her shoulders. "Fine, lets go" we all walk downstairs and I open the gate to the pool. It's freezing cold out considering it's the beginning of winter. I shiver slipping my shoes off dipping my food in the water. Freezing.
"Gone on then bombshell" they all laugh and I sigh walking up to the diving board and getting on. I look back at them.
"Hurry up and jump in it's cold out here"
"Oh shut it Veronica" I snap. I look down at the water my reflection looking back at me and I start to panic. Images of me falling into Sweet Water River flash through my mind and my breathing gets heavy. All of a sudden I'm trapped under water and I can't breath I'm clawing at the top of ice to let me out but it's too late. I slip into darkness.
"Cheryl, you don't have to do this" it's Toni. My mind comes back into the present. I look at her and she's smiling at me holding her hand out towards me. I nod thankfully and turn to get of the diving board when my foot slips and I go plunging into the ice cold water gasping for air. My body goes numb from the cold and I can't move. Help. Please someone help I'm gonna die! I swallow water and I feel as if I'm being  choked. I feel arms wrap around me pulling me to the top of the water and over to the side of the pool.
"Shhhhh it's okay" I cough up water sucking in cold air that burns my lungs. I feel someone pull my body over to the stairs of the pool as I continue to cough out water. " Shhhh you're gonna be okay, it's okay" Someone is stroking the side of my face as I shiver from the cold air. " I'm so sorry this is my fault" I turn to be met with Toni's face and she's shaking as well and wait is she crying? She pulls me out of the water and immediately a soft plush towel is wrapped around my shacking body. " I'm so sorry Cheryl, this is my fault" she cries setting me down on one of the chairs. I shake my head no and wrap my arms around her and she returns the gesture. "Let's get you inside" She stands up reaching her arm out for me to grab but I just sit there not able to move. My body feels paralyzed. I gust of wind blows and my body begins to shake even more. "Can I?" She asks motioning to her picking me up and I just nod. She scoops me up in her arms and I lay my head on her chest. She carries me into the house and all the way to my room when she sets me on the bathroom counter and turns the bath on filling it up with warm water. " I'm so sorry Cheryl, Truly"  I just shake my head.
"It's not your fault Toni I just panicked." I sigh
"Thank you for saving me" I whisper wrapping the towel around me tighter.
"Always bombshell" she kisses my cheek and turns to walk out. "I'll be out here if you need anything" I nod and she closes the door. I drop the towel and peel off my soaked clothes and crawl into the warm bath Toni made for me. I hear my friends whisper as I let the water run down my arms and legs.
"I can't believe that just happened" -Ronnie
" I know right I was so scared!" -Josie
" I'm just glad she's safe, Thank you Toni"- Betty
"Of course, I just hope she's okay it's all my fault"-Toni
" No it's not, you didn't know it was gonna happen, okay it's not your fault"- Betty
"But still" -Toni
" what done is done Toni, let's just be there for her now okay"- Veronica
I got out of the tub and drained the water wiping my body dry with a dry towel. I look around for something to wear. Thankfully I keep spare clothes in here so I pull on a hoodie, underwear and shorts. Throwing my hair up in a bun as I walk out. As I walk out they all stop and stare at me. I give a small smile and climb on my bed. Nobody talks and they all look at me. "Please stop staring at me like I'm some freak" I say softly looking up at them and they all look away. " can we go to bed?" I ask. Why am I asking this is my house. Whatever.
"Of Course" Toni looks up and smiles at me. A warm sensation grows in my belly and I look away to stop a blush from forming on my face. They all get off the bed and walk over to the air mattress that were blown up prior.
"Toni"
"Yeah" she looks up at me
"Will you stay with me?" I ask looking down at my hands.
"Are you sure?" She asks and I nod my head lifting up the blanket for her to come join. She slips into the bed and I turn off the lights.

Halfway through the night I start to sweat and I feel water fill my lungs. I start shaking and my arms and legs fling out trying to pull myself to the surface to breathe. Arms wrap around my body and I'm awoken from my nightmare. "Breathe Cheryl breathe" Toni coos and I do as I'm told taking deep breaths. "You're okay" all I do is nod. I pull away from her embrace to meet her eyes.
"Toni, is sorry. Im sorry for waking you up and for making you jump in the water to save me and.." I sob.
"Hey it's okay, I don't blame you and it's not your fault, come here" I crawl into her embrace and my breathing slows down.
"Will you hold me?" I ask scared she'll say no.
" of course bombshell" she pulls me in closer and I drift back to sleep. Some of the best sleep I've ever gotten in my entire life.