Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Sorry Beta but Alpha James asked for her, he says she's his mate." The kidnapper sounded nervous and slightly unsure.

"She's mine!" He shouted sounding like a feral animal. Suddenly I was ripped off the dude's shoulder and cradled by a new person. I could feel the effects of the injection weakening in my system. I breathed in and punched the guy in the face. He dropped me to nurse his injured nose. I was still sort of numb so the landing didn't hurt as much I thought it would. I scrambled away feeling around the floor for something I could use for my defence. My hand hit an umbrella I grabbed it and pointed it at the men.

"I don't belong to anyone." I said in a low, slightly slurred voice, the new guy took a step to me. "No, get away, I don't want to be here!" I was shouting now, tears were streaming down my face.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Something in his tone was telling me that he wasn't lying. "Now, the guy that took you here. He gave you an injection, that's going to really take affect it the next few minutes and I need to help you. You just have to let me."

I furrowed my eyebrows together, vision had gone blurry and I felt a small buzzing going through my head. "I need to go to hospital, I need to get my doctor. You fucking bastards I'm going to have to get surgery again. I hate you."

"You don't, it's a natural reaction to the drugs we used." His voice was getting closer.

In a panic I scrambled to my feet. I stumble and instantly knew it was a bad idea. I should just die already. I felt my body slowly shutting off and bile made it's way up my throat. I backed away from them forcing my body to continue moving, I need to get out of here and to the nearest hospital. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a blurry pair of shoes making it's way over to me. I opened my mouth to scream but I couldn't. My vision blanked and all my muscles was going through spasms. My chest tightened and I could only take in short gasps of air.

I was terrified but I welcomed the pain, I was going to die and I was embracing the release. I was gone.

*****

I woke up feeling groggy and dazed. Thankfully most of my vision was back. The ceiling was white and looked clean. My head was thumping and I just could not understand why the pain was so intense. Nothing was making sense, I don't remember anything. What did I do at the party last night. I trying to pull my hand up to my throbbing temples but my right hand was pinned down by something heavy yet it was comforting. I looked to my side and I saw the most beautiful creature ever.

He had his eyes closed, his lashes were long and full. His cheeks were red as though he had been crying. He lean yet not to muscular he looked hot. Why was he crying, oh shit.

I remember everything now, the party, the kidnapping, the injection.

"Ge-Get off me." I croaked, tried pulling my hand away for his but his grip got tighter.

"You're awake." He sighed. "I was so worried."

"Where am I, wha-" I was cut off by a tall and muscular man.

"Where is she?" He shouted at me. "I know you have her somewhere, where is my mate?"

I looked at him completely scared at his outburst. I heard a low grumble come from beside me. "I don't know who you're talking about. I live alone, well I used to." My eyes widened, is there a reason why I had to say that. It felt as if someone forced it out.

"Don't use your Alpha tone on her, she's my mate." Bedside guy said. "You wanted her here, why?"

"No. I didn't ask for her." I'm guessing Alpha James said, well spat at me. "I asked for my mate and her scent is all over that girl. Now I hate repeating myself, where the fuck is my mate?" The guy was shaking now and his face was slowly turning red.