Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Kai brushed more tears from my face, "Kat you are something else." He stood up still cradling me in his arms. "You look great by the way." He gave me a small kiss on the forehead.

Heat flooded through my neck and face, "thanks. Can I get back in my clothes before we leave?"

Kai looked at me with slight concern in his eyes, "are you sure. I can help if you need me to." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

I chuckled and slapped his chest. "I don't need help but could you turn around and close your eyes because I need you to stay in the room with me."

He pursed his lips together, "I'll stay but if you need anything I'll be here. I promise to just stare at your face even though I would love to see what your hiding." He placed me gently on the ground. "Holy shit, Kat what happened to your neck?"

I grimaced at his tone, he sounded pissed and I think it was directed towards me. My hands found my neck four gaping holes were oozing blood. Thankfully though nothing had gotten on the dress.

"Um... That thing dug it's nails into me I guess that's what caused the marks." I mustered up the best smile I could, "can I get dressed please. We can talk about this when we're home."

He grumbled something indistinct under his breath but he turned around. I smiled triumphantly, I slipped out of the dress and gave it another once over. It still looked gorgeous. I put back on the clothes that I had worn before and they looked shabby compared to the dress.

"Okay Kai pick me up and let's go." I draped the dress over my shoulders and held my arms up for him. I felt like a child compared to him.

Kai turned around and he still held the grumpy look on his face, he picked me up and we paid but it all just seemed so tense. I felt so awkward in his arms.

I wanted to have a look in more shops but Kai had another idea and we almost raced to the car. He plonked me into the passenger seat and I'm not going to lie it hurt my ass a little bit. He slammed my door and his. He started the car up and his knuckles were white on the steering wheel.

"Why didn't you tell me first thing? You should have told me straight away." He sounded beyond annoyed.

"I forgot about it, it doesn't hurt so I forgot about it. I'm sorry," I huffed crossing my arms over my chest.

He grumbled more incoherent words, and he sped up slightly along the road. "Kat they can track you know, who is after you?"

My eyes widened. "What do you mean they can track me?"

Kai was looking more and more pissed by the second, "it drew blood now it has your true scent. It can smell you now so who ever is controlling it can know where you are. Who is after you Kat, you need to tell me."

I closed my eyes and thought for a moment, then it hit me like a tonne of bricks. I snapped my head towards Kai, "I think it might be my father."

Kai made the car screech to a halt. He stared at me with confusion swirling in his expression.

"Why would your father be after you?"

I made a humoured face at him, "he tried to beat me to death. I managed to run away to the land of the free. He wants me dead and I don't really know why. I think it might have to do with my mother leaving but I could stop her from going." Tears began to fill my eyes at the memories, "she left me alone with him. A monster. I think he's coming after me again so he can finish the job he tried to complete years ago."

Kai's hands remained on the stirring wheel and his knuckles were still snow white. He stared straight ahead and he slowly started up the car tonight. His facial expression was hard as stone, "Kat we need to keep you safe but I think going to the event will help. They think I'm going to keep you in the pack house at least now I know to keep a better eye on you."