Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"Greyson?" His name felt so foreign on my lips I hadn't said it in so long.

He turned to look at me and the huge smile that was on his face fell instantly.

"Kat, what are you doing here?" He looked annoyed but I only just got here, I had hoped some of the angst had dissipated.

"She's my mate," Kai announced this so proudly it warmed my heart. He clearly didn't notice the tension in the air.

Greyson chuckled at Kai's statement, "I feel sorry for you. Quiet the mate you've been given."

A loud growl rumbled from Kai's chest, "don't insult my mate Slater. Vampire or not I can still kill you."

Wait. What?

Greyson's a vampire, well that is just the icing on the shitty cake I call life.

"So she hasn't told you yet?" He turned on me and gave me a glare with a smirk. "Why don't you enlighten your mate on how you were in high school."

I gulped, if I told him I doubt he would speak to me again, I shook my head. I didn't want to speak to him because I knew I would cry.

We glared angrily at me now eliciting another growl from Kai. "She played me. Your precious little mate made a bet with other popular girls to publicly humiliate me." Now the glare had hardened more, he looked absolutely furious. "She made me fall in love with her but all she planned to do was dump me. Luckily Jen told me everything, I was able to stop her before her plan was completed. I moved away because I couldn't handle the betrayal."

I couldn't maintain the eye contact, the wound was obviously still fresh and I had just ripped it open again. "I'm sorry Grey, I'm so, so sorry."

he closed his eyes and balled his fists, "don't fucking call me Grey." He whipped his view from me, "Kai I came to you to talk to you. My mate she's back and there's whispers that someone is out for her."

"After the way you just assaulted my mate I would rather rip your throat out than help you." He looked tense all his muscles were flexed, I crept down the remaining stairs and reached out to him. I held his hand in mine and he relaxed slightly.

"Kai you need to help him, he has a right to feel the way he feels about me." I was begging Kai at the point, "please Kai you need to help his mate."

Greyson looked at me with a weird unreadable emotion, it almost looked surprised. "Listen to your mate, as much as I don't like her she's right. I would help you if you were in this situation."

Kai looked down at me with worry on his face. "Kat if I help him I'm going to have to go for a while, I need you to stay safe and don't run away."

"Kai you need to help him, he deserves the love his mate can give him." I smiled up at him, "I just hope she isn't as stubborn as I am."

Greyson chuckled, "oh she's very stubborn. I doubt she'll like me very much, but she's not safe." He very serious now, "she's been charming people and she's messing with the wrong people."

"What do you mean by charming?" If this is another supernatural, how many are there exactly?

"She's a charmer, she can get people to do what she wants with a look or a touch." His face changed into a pissed off one, "I can't be with her not yet and it kills me every time I see her charming a guy. She's been barking up the wrong tree lately and she's been charming almost every guy she sees. Kai she's started charming Kian's pack."

Kai's hand left mine and went straight to his hair. I got worried too, if she was getting involved with those people nothing good was to come out of that.