Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine

I leaned into him and began to heat up our situation. But I pulled away abruptly when I heard a throat clearing. I could feel the warmth fill my cheeks I felt so embarrassed to have been caught.

Kai swung his arm over my shoulder, I could feel the smirk that was painted on his face.

"I'm glad to have you two back but I would like to know why there is a homeless girl on my couch." James stood his arms crossed and eyebrows arched.

I felt confused for a bit but I figured out who he was talking about, "she's not homeless." I sat next to her watching over her sleeping frame. "She's Greyson's mate, call Greyson and I'll clean her up."

He nodded slightly and stepped out.

I reached over to gently wake her but just as I skimmed her skin her hand viciously grabbed onto my wrist preventing my from any movement. I winced but she let go quickly with widened eyes.

"I'm sorry," she shot her head down. I could feel the terror radiating off her.

I brought her head up to meet my eyes, "you don't have to apologise. I'm sorry for scaring you." I held her head assisting her in standing. "Alpha James is calling Greyson and he will come for you."

I saw a flash of hurt and anger painted on her face for a brief moment. I shook it off though it was probably a bad memory that resurfaced.

"I don't want to go with him," her voice was almost a whisper but I couldn't shake how desperate she sounded.

I offered her my best smile, "no one will force you to but he needs to see you, and whether you want to admit it you need him too." I propped her up on my arm and started to lead her to the bathroom, "but forget about that for now and I'll run you a nice bath."

I sat her down on the toilet seat and turned on the tap and poured in some bubble bath. I helped her out of her clothes, if they could even be called that. She instantly tried to cover her body, there wasn't much of her to cover and I could feel my emotions beginning to get the better of me.

She looked so broken, her arms were littered with bruises as were her legs but her stomach was untouched by the abuse. I tried my best to smile warmly at her and when the bath was drawn I helped her in and I didn't miss the quick smile that flashed on her face.

I turned to give her privacy but she stopped me by saying, "please don't leave me." Her pleading tone made me hit the seat. Sure it was weird being in the same room as someone that was bathing but it made her feel more comfortable so I obliged and waited for her.

I grabbed her a towel and fluffy robe when I heard the water ripple with her movements. I gave them to her and she turned away to dry herself off. As she slipped on the robe I saw a mark with the symbol of Kian's pack on it. I wanted to ask her about it but now wasn't the right time.

She turned back towards me, looking at the ground she stood not moving.

I lead her down stairs back to the sitting room were and anxious figure was pacing. He abruptly stopped and sniffed the air, Greyson turned his eyes jet black and appeared before her.

He lifted a hand to her face and she flinched away from him. Anger was coming off her in waves.

"Get away from me," through gritted teeth she growled and pushed him away.

He backed away from her slightly hurt all over his face, "I'm so sorry. I tried to save you. You have to believe me I wanted to be the one that got you back, I wanted to get you out of there. I love you."