Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

The scream ripped its way through my throat but at the same time it didn't feel like it was actually coming from me. It was like an outer body experience, I was seeing this screaming girl and she was me. The noise was vibrating the room, the chains rattled around my body, the window shattered and the glass dusted over me. It didn't cut me it was more like a snow than the mini knives they were supposed to be.

The hands once on my waist were at his ears, he was screaming too and blood was trickling from his ears and eyes. I couldn't fight the smile that formed with the scream. Before I knew it he was on the floor unmoving and my screaming had stopped. The cool liquid made its way from my mouth all the way to my chest. As soon as it was over I blacked out.

When I came to I was still in the same room, the guy was now lying in a pool of his own blood, he was definitely dead and Kian was sitting in a chair across from me with a smug smirk on his face.

"I see you've discovered your talent." He leaned forward, "but we've got to teach you how to control them or you will hurt more people."

Shock flooded my senses, "did I kill him?" I knew the answer to my question but I just couldn't believe that I could have done that. "What am I?"

He smiled at me showing his teeth, "I'm sorry kitten but I'm not kind enough to tell you what you are but I can tell you that you did indeed kill him. There's evil inside you and it's begging to be let out."

I immediately looked down, I felt so disappointed in myself. I had always told myself that I would never resort to killing an innocent person, even if he wasn't completely innocent. Just to know that I unintentionally murdered someone, it made disgust ooze off me. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, he had a family and I just took him away. I'm such an awful person. But I know I'm not evil, I couldn't be, at least I hoped so. Dear lord, I'm such a mess.

"Katrina don't feel disappointed, he was a bad person. He was another prisoner, he murdered his sister in cold blood." I furrowed my eyebrows at him but he continued, "He slashed the guard's throat that I had sent down for you because he wanted you because he knew what you are. You're now a prize possession Katrina. Your mate is going to have a tough time keeping you safe."

It was almost as if he wanted to make me feel better and I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or not. It sounded like one but still I tried to search my brain for answers as to what I was. Who could I be? "Why would they want me?"

He chuckled lightly, "you'll realise soon enough. You're very valuable and I intend to sell you for a hefty price." He began to walk out of the room picking up the body, "by the way you've got mercury in your chin."

I frowned but reached up and wiped my chin, the side of my hand was covered in a wet metallic liquid. So that's what it was, isn't that a poison, how am I still alive?

I was so alone at this point and the cold breeze came quickly through the broken window. The light sky of the morning peaked through lighting up the room. It highlighted the drying blood on the floor.

The silver chains still are into my skin but I had grown used to the feeling but that was probably because the areas the chains lay on were blistered and bloodied. There was gnawing hunger in my stomach and I was so thirsty. My throats was so raw that no matter how much I wanted to call for help, I just couldn't.

The quiet click of the lock on the door startled me slightly and I looked up in both fear and anticipation. But in walked a familiar face. "Ash?"

She face shot me a weird look but then recognition. "Oh my god it really is you," she looked around the room as if she was making sure nobody could see what she was about to do. From behind her back she produced a mince meat sandwich and a decent bottle of water.