Chapter 39

Other POV;

Entering the house, "Evie?" she called out, slamming the door. Searching through the house, she eventually found Evie in the lounge, all snuggled up watching a film. Standing in the doorway, she observed Evie lovingly; for a 22 year old, Evie still looked like she was in her teens, with her big, innocent sky blue eyes, flushed cheeks from the heat in the room and unruly blonde hair, messed in a way only Evie would be able to look cute with. "Jan!" Grinned Evie, pausing the film, "What a surprise! I thought you'd be up in the North working the Royal Ball?"

"I am but I came back to see you. I'm going back later, but since I was in the area, I wanted to show you this..." Jan drops a newspaper article between them; Evie peruses the article, purposely keeping her expression clear.

"Aw, I'm happy for him. If you're working tonight, you might see her!" Speaks Evie, excitedly.

"Happy for him?" Repeats Jan disbelievingly.

"Of course! I want him to be happy, and this photo shows that he is." Seeing Jan's face, Evie continues, "I'm at peace with the past now, I've moved on." Jan couldn't believe what she was hearing, then again her sister had always been the kinder of the two, but that didn't mean Jan could share her opinion. She hated the man for what he'd done, and not just to her sister, but to other girls as well.

"You're too kind." Jan observed, forcing an impartial tone. "If anything, he should pay for his cruelty towards you." And then some!

Frowning, "He wasn't cruel to me. He was honest, and I was naïve." Replied her sister, shrugging indifferently. Evie really did have the nature of a saint, thought Jan bitterly.

"He used you Evie, got you fired and pays you off to keep quiet!"

"Stop over-dramatizing what happened, Janine." Both Evie's expression and voice were hard. "They treated me well; I wasn't fired, I was transferred and I'm doing exactly what I was before, just at the palace here in the south. If anything, he did me a favor; I found my Jason because of my transfer!"

"You were heartbroken after what he did! He deserves to pay!" Yelled Jan, angry that her sister had let that arrogant jerk get away with what he'd done. Jan loved her sister more than anyone in the world- would do anything for her; getting back at the Royal jackass was something Jan was determined to do.

"No. He doesn't; he deserves happiness, he has a mate now and so do I. You can't change the past, and I wouldn't even now. So for my sake, Janine, please...just drop this. I love you and I hate to see you so bitter; move on, I have and I want you to also. Please." Pleaded Evie, standing and grabbing her sister's hands.

"I love you too. I best get going." Sighed Jan. She knew there was no way she could convince Evie to see things the way she did, so grabbing the article she'd brought with her, she made for the door.

Following her to the door "OK, well I hope you have a safe journey back to the North. I'll be expecting to hear details all about the Ball!" Smiled Evie, clearing her frown before Jan saw it.

"Sure. Give my regards to Jason." Jan climbed into her car and instead of making her way back towards the North, she decided to make a detour and headed to the downtown of the South; her mind resolute. Pulling up at her destination, she took a moment as the stupid article's title caught her eye.

"Will Prince Kellen be reunited with his Cinderella?" It read, with a picture of him and his masked mate from the last ball- before the rogue attack- on the cover.

Jan felt her anger surface again! Kellen Natheal didn't deserve to be happy; he deserved to be miserable and alone for all the heartbreak he'd caused. Jan had concocted the perfect plan to make sure that happened; smirking to herself, she got out of the car and headed to the door, which would set the ball rolling. She was doing this for her sister and all the other girls who'd suffered at the hands of Prince Kellen's desire. Although her sister would never approve of what Janine was planning to do, what Evie didn't know wouldn't hurt her and it was for the best.

Watch out, Crown Prince Kellen Natheal, because hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn. Janine mused smugly; her plan of revenge would ruin him. Smiling to herself, she knocked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Valentine's gift to you all cause you're amazing and I love you all! Little spontaneousness ;) there will still be uploads on the 23rd & 24th!
Much love xx