Chapter 33

Kellen POV;

It is the choice of the wolf , whom he selects to be his mate; the female wolf must then agree with the choice for the bond to be cemented. However, if the chosen mate is human, the wolf may well run the risk of being rejected, in which case the wolf will have to choose again. This is not to say that a female wolf may not reject her mate, however, this is very rare.

The wolf will know almost immediately who his chosen mate is when they meet - this will immediately send a thought to the female wolf who may or may not agree to the bond. Should the wolves be separated from each other for any reason, or have to communicate at a distance before the female is marked - provided that each mate has agreed to the bond - their bond will strengthen and strong feelings may develop.

It had been almost a week since I'd spoken to Dad about my dream and what to do about my past; he'd directed me towards a book on mates and I'd been re-reading the same passages for the last few days. I hadn't marked Ana yet but she had agreed to our bond so I could only hope that the book was right and that she would be developing strong feelings for me while we remained apart. I know I was. The thought of Ana rejecting made me physically ill; I would do anything to keep from losing the one girl fate designed for me. I just hoped Ana felt the same.

A knock at my bedroom door drew me from my thoughts; I look up curiously as I call for them to come in. A maid entered, curtsying respectfully, "Your post, your Majesty."

"Thank you." I say, getting up and walking over to her - not completely oblivious to her blush of embarrassment as she stared at my shirtless chest. I look up from my flick through the letters, expectantly, "Was there something else?" I question, wondering at her still remaining presence.

"Erm, n-no, you-your Majesty." She stutters nervously, looking down at her shaking hands and curtsying again before scurrying quickly out the room, shutting my door behind her. I sigh heavily, sagging into my desk chair as I flick through the letters again; my attention being immediately caught by a hand of writing I wasn't expecting and smirked at the fact he'd actually taken the time to write a letter instead of calling me.

Eagerly I rip open the envelope, unfold the letter and read what my best friend Brody had to say. Brody had grown up with Maxim and I since we were little but he'd always been closer to me, since Maxim was younger than us and preferred some of his own friends more often than hanging out with us. In all honestly, I'd completely forgotten about Brody since he'd left 3-4 months ago to visit some extended family in the East, as well as pick up some new fighting regimes for our Royal Guard since he was the head. Our family and the East Royal family were on intimate footing; they were more than happy to accommodate Brody's visit and share some of their fighting techniques; and in return we would accommodate a likewise visit from their side, to share the same. I smiled as I read his letter.

26th March 2006.

FAO; His Royal Highness, Crown Prince Kellen Natheal. (AKA the kid I grew up in diapers with)

I snorted at the title, rolled my eyes and carried on reading.

I hate writing letters. Therefore feel honored at my taking up this piece of paper to write this despicable thing; I would've called but unfortunately they'd rather I wrote to you, apparently the Royals are revamping their telecommunications or something. I considered there to be vital information for us to discuss, so here I sit writing this stupid thing.

First things first, how've you been Kel? A little birdy happened to tell me that you've found your Mate? I expect a full report on that when I get back, as well the details on the implementation of the new policy! Dude, could YOU not have told me all this? I heard all this from Maxim, and your Dad!