Chapter 19

Kellen’s POV;

Everything was red; how dare they try and take my Ana away from me! Several of the nearby packs had joined us now and everyone was fighting. In my peripheral vision I watched Ana fighting; it was incredible and she held her own perfectly. Swiftly and gracefully she fought with several rogues at a time; each of her movements looked calculated and strategic yet carried a rough quality to them. A small part of my mind wondered who had taught and trained her to fight but I quickly put it out of my mind to focus on the present events.

It displeased me to have her fighting and I did my damn hardest to limit the number of rogues she had to fight, however it became increasing difficult as more rogues joined the fight. With Ana and I together, we fed off one another’s strength, my wolf rejoiced in this addition, easily defeated any rogue attacking us.

Dad and Maxim had phased and were fighting also, at last glance Mom, Arabelle and Sophia were freeing the captured family and tending to the unconscious guards. The packs who’d joined us fought as well as they had the night of the ball, working well in reducing the number of attacking rogues. It began to seem as though the more rogues we killed, the more rogues appeared; as far as I could tell none of our side had been killed, however, many were still fighting in spite of serious injuries.

I had just succeeded in killing the rogue I’d been fighting with and was about to take on another when my attention was caught by someone yelling; “Ana behind you!” Turning in the direction of the calling, I watched the man who’d shouted be tackled by a rogue, before searching for Ana. When my gaze finally settled on Ana, I watched what happened next in slow motion; Ana turned quickly but didn’t have enough time to react as the rogue leapt towards her, clasping its teeth around one of the arms she’d held up defensively, while behind her another rogue sprung onto her back and sunk its teeth into her shoulder. At the same time a sudden sharp pain ripped through my arm and shoulder as well as my head; Ana’s shriek rendered my own howl of agony.

It surprised me that I wasn’t the only one to howl as several wolves dotted around the clearing howled along side me. In less than a second my echoes of Ana’s pain fade into fuelling my anger; in a split second I’d tackled the two wolves off Ana before they could hurt her again, ripping them to pieces. Behind me the packs coordinated themselves into forming a protective semi-circle around Ana as the rogues started piling together to make a bulk attack; they knew Ana was defenseless in her unconscious state and killing her, as well as attacking me, would be easier at this point.

Poised protectively over her, I growl in warning at the oncoming rogues and the packs mimic my warning; from the corner of my eye I catch sight of someone picking Ana up from beneath me. Spinning around and growling viciously at them, I bare my teeth at the man stood before me, holding my Ana; it was the same man who’d warned her about the rogue. “She can’t stay here; she needs immediate medical attention or she’ll die of blood loss. I swear on my life your Majesty, I shall not harm her; let me get her away from here and take her somewhere safe.” He pleaded sincerely. At his side several other wolves growled; I couldn’t tell which pack they were but from their reaction I guessed it must’ve been the pack Ana belonged too. “I swear on my own life.” He spoke solemnly, this time directed at one of the wolves beside him.

Kellen let the boy take her. We need her away from here and out of harm’s way; she has severe injuries that need tending to. You are both vulnerable while she stays. Reasoned Dad with authority through our mind connection, his wolf form appearing on my left. I knew they were both right but I couldn’t be sure of seeing her alive again after today.

Fine. I think back reluctantly, narrowing my eyes and ducking my head affirmatively at the man stood before me. He nodded before turning and running as fast and as carefully as he could into the forest with Ana, four wolves following him protectively. Once they were out of sight, I grudgingly turn back to face the army of rogues still approaching; taking point at the head of the packs with Dad on my right and Maxim on my left, the three of us simultaneously leapt forward at the same time. Everyone present now ready to win as well as end this fight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naw, keep up the amazing comments you amazing people! Seriously makes me smile! Thank you! :3 I hope you're all enjoying the story! COMMENT & VOTE! Let me know what you're all thinking so far :D

There will be a second upload on here this month, so keep your eyes open for the next chapter soon! <3 Much love <3

Dedicated to Queen_of_Knight... you comment made me chuckle :') teeheehee!