Chapter 81

Kellen POV:

I pace Ana's office, too angry and horny to think straight. The scent of Ana's heat... my groin pulsates painfully as my wolf fights for control of my consciousness. Sweat drips down my forehead with the effort of keeping him at bay. I don't stop moving, afraid that if I do my wolf will take advantage and phase us.

I struggle to remember why I came up here instead of staying down there to claim what's mine. My teeth elongate, my fingers clawing as I try to think about anything and everything that isn't Ana.

Why had I come up here? Think Kellen!

Instantly my wolf brings up the pictures of Ana as I found her in the shower, curled up in the showed naked... and her scent! No, no! Her scent didn't align with her expression – that's right! She was angry, miserable, and resigned, but then she'd dropped her towel... why did she drop her towel? What did she mean by that? An invitation to take her and mate her!

I groan as the image of Ana dropping her towel dances across my mind. Why did I wrap her back up? What was I thinking? I need to go back down there; I reach for the entrance to her flat. No. No! It's wrong, the emotions she is emitting are all wrong. That is why I left. Aries was right when he said to fight my instincts. The look on her face, the defiance in her tone, the resignation in her gaze and the bracing of her emotions, it didn't match up with her actions. Her thoughts drifting down our flimsy bond say it all; she expects me to sexually assault her because she's in heat. She expects me to behave like an animal and completely disregard her choice in the matter.

I shake my head, my anger at the assumption pushing back my wolf's desire to mate and helping to clear my head. I would castrate myself before doing that to her. What the hell am I going to do?

"Oh!" announces a voice behind me, surprised. I turn to see Ana's Beta Rick entering her office. "Excuse me, your Highness, I didn't know you were still here." He bows.

I growl automatically, walk over to him and square up to him, sniffing his scent. Mated. Good. I relax. "What are you doing here?" I ask sharply. I didn't want any males around Ana, mated or not.

He bristles at the question, narrowing his eyes, "My presence has been requested by the Prowess. Now, please, excuse me your Highness." I could stop him if I want to but throwing my weight around where its not wanted won't get me anywhere. I step aside, he nods stiffly and makes his way down the stairs to Ana's apartment.

I pull my hair, frustrated. What do I do?

Dad, I need your advice. I reach out to him, he responds immediately.

What's wrong son? I explain the situation, and privacy be damned, describe to him Ana's reaction to me just now. Ah, er, I think your Mom better join us. The female mind is a minefield and we best not take a wrong step on this one. He answers sheepishly. A moment later, Mom joins our mental interaction and Dad shares everything with her. What think you, my love?