Chapter 6

Anastasia POV; 

 Back at the house, I had the boys all cleaned up and seen to by the pack doctor when we were joined by the return of Rick, Samson, Mick and Nate with the mates; this livened up the atmosphere considerably. The party I had allowed was now in full swing and I felt glad that everyone was celebrating their victory; meanwhile I had a phone call to make.

After shutting the door to my office, I sat down in my desk chair and dialed my father’s number. It took four rings before anybody answered.

“Hello?” answered my Mum’s gentle voice with a looming hint of sadness.

“Hey Mum, it’s Anastasia” I answered.

“Oh hello Ana baby, I take it you got the message your Father gave to Chad?” she asked in a happier tone.

“Yeah he caught me just in time. How’s Dad?” I ask anxiously.

“Good and I’ll let you speak to him yourself baby, here you go” in the background I heard movement and Mum tell Dad that I was calling.

“Now then, how’s my favorite Prowess?” came my Dad’s cheerful voice, followed by violet coughs.

“I’m good thanks Dad, how are you?” I asked matching his cheerful tone.

“Getting better actually,” he laughed. “Would you do me the honor of coming to see me or are you too busy? I’d like to talk to you about some thing I would rather not say over the phone, it’s quite important.” Asked Dad before taking on a round of violent coughs.

“Dad I can always make time for you, especially if it’s important. I’ll be down on Friday and stay till the following Friday.” I said confidently.

“Nonsense! You’ll miss the annual check on the packs that the Royals make,” replied Dad seriously his Alpha kicking in.

“Leave the arrangements for me to sort out, all you need to do is concentrate on getting better,” I answered smiling; I understood that Dad’s Alpha took over sometimes since he hadn’t really wanted to give up his position, despite it being necessary at the time.

There had been many doubts when I’d been given control of the pack as Prowess, since a female taking the role of an Alpha had never been done in history before. It hadn’t been difficult to crush all of those doubts after I took command, especially when the Alphas who met with me felt the weight of my authority and found it difficult to argue against.

Soon they realized that I had equal, if not, a stronger weight in my authority as they did in theirs. My Dad had been one of the people to doubt but when he, like the others, saw that I was more than capable of handling being Prowess, his respect for me as a leader grew as strong as to have him bow to me; that for me swelled my heart. I had made my father one of the proudest fathers and Alphas there could be.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Health smealth! Only thing I’m bothered about is seeing my daughter and not letting the Prowess miss the annual check,” he said sounding a little embarrassed by admitting that he missed his daughter. At this I laughed, finding it funny that even a tough ex Alpha had a soft spot.

“Okay Dad leave it to me, I’ll see you Friday. I’ll love you and leave you. Give my love to Mum for me” I spoke laughing.

“Bye bye sweet heart, love you and see you then” he replied and with that I hung up.

If there were any chance of Dad approving of my skipping the annual check, it would be in me telling him of my motives, which would mean telling him about the Prince being my mate. I knew Dad would be over the moon that, not only had I found my mate, but that my mate was in fact the Crown Prince. As an Alpha he would disapprove of my missing such an important event that, as Prowess, I couldn’t miss but the only way I could see around it was to tell him everything that had happened tonight with the rogues.