Chapter 14

Anastasia POV;

The next morning I slept in and was awoken by Tyron and Kara jumping on my bed determinedly. “Ana! Ana, wake up! Wake up!” they yelled shaking me awake.

“Ok! Ok! Give me 10minutes! Get your stuff and meet me by the door, get Mum to help you.” I laugh in sleepy reply. Quickly running out of the room, I listen to them both calling Mum as they run down the stairs in wild excitement, bringing a smile to my face as I dragged myself out of bed.

Once dressed in jeans and a long baggy t-shirt, I grabbed my bag and a jacket, threw on some flats and headed down stairs to find Tyron and Kara eagerly waiting by the door with Mum who stood trying to calm them down with a contented smile. When they saw me, Mum’s attempts became once again futile. “Ok are you both ready?” They’re innocent grinning faces as they nodded eagerly made me laugh.

“Have a good day all of you and be safe,” smiled Mum embracing us all before parting with us on the porch. Letting Tyron and Kara jump in the back seats, I slide into the driver’s seat of my Ferrari and after checking they were both buckled in securely, I hit the accelerator on my way to the shopping center in the south that I always took them too.

Once done shopping, we spent the afternoon playing in a nearby park; pushing them both on the swings, spinning them round in circles, playing hide and seek, I was having so much fun I almost forgot about my worries and problems. While Tyron and Kara were playing on the adventure course, I cued up to get them some ice cream, watching them from a distance with an adoring smile. Though soon enough I found my mind deterring yet again to Kellen, my mate. The pain at having to leave him yet again, the other night, was excruciating; truth is, just after leaving my pack conversation I decided to reach out to him, only to find our moment cut short by the worried summons of my family. It wasn’t until I’d returned home that I realized just how much frustration it summoned in me to have to leave him again.

Without thinking I reached out to him. Kellen? In my mind I felt the open connection to his mind, though spying this to be purposeful in his hope that I would contact him again.

Ana? His answered in shock. Seeing into his mind and through his eyes I could see his surroundings and instantly cursed myself. He was on the check and in the middle of speaking to an Alpha. The view in front of him changed as he uttered my name, the King and Queen looked up and gauging his expression; stood in shock, as did his brother and sister both of whom looked surprised.

I’m so sorry! I shouldn’t have interrupted. It was stupid of me, I didn’t…I thought…I began trying to excuse my intrusion. I’ll go.

No! He answered immediately. I watched through his eyes as the King was quickly by his side, taking from him whatever duty he’d been in the middle of with a curt nod. Quickly leaving the room, the Queen following him, he spoke his reply out loud with a desperate plea in his voice. Please don’t go!