Chapter 40

Kellen POV;

Incredible. I don't think there's another word for the way Ana was as a leader. Nor do I think I was the only one stunned by how professional and authoritive she was; I observed, smiling silently by her side as she mingled with the Alphas, chatted with some of the families and pack members. Too some extent she even had a fan group of females, Bell being one, wanting to meet and speak to her, the whole time she kept her cool; I could tell it shocked her, the amount of attention she drew but she handled it calmly and very modestly. I felt extremely proud to call her mine; my gaze didn't often leave her captivating face, but when it did I saw the awe echoed around me on the faces of all the people who admired her, my family included.

Ana's pack and her parents were the last to leave; our parents got on really well, while her pack was very polite and loyal. In the end, Ana's parents left with her pack, preferring to return to their children, whom Ana promised to visit the next day. All done and said, we followed the rest of my family back to the study, where I introduced Ana to Brody and his mate. "You have both my respect and my sympathies, Ana. You're now stuck with this twerp," grinned Brody nodding to me.

"Unless you want me to tell Kari some very embarrassing stories about you growing up, shut it." I shoot to him smirking. Kari grinned encouragingly, Ana looked amused.

"I think I can manage." Winked Ana, giving him a secretive smile; I really wanted to kiss that smile...

"Would you like a tour of the gardens? They look better at night." I ask, praying she understood that I was making excuses for us to be alone.

"Of course. Do you mind?" She replied looking at my parents. They didn't, Bell did; I scowl at her.

"I finally get the chance to talk to her and she's stolen away by my brother! If he gets his way, we'll never see her!" Exasperated Bell. Ana's musical laughter rang through the room warmly, making me smile at the lovely sound.

"Tomorrow evening." Ana promised, with a twinkle in her eyes that made Bell grin broadly.

* * * *

"This is so beautiful!" Gasped Ana, looking around my peaceful retreat, lit up by the subtle garden lights hidden around the foliage. My attention, however, had not wavered from her since she'd taken off her mask; she was so incredibly beautiful, it left me breathless.

"So are you." I murmur in her ear. She gives me a playful nudge and coy smile, I couldn't help grinning as I pull her to the hammock, cuddling up as we rock gently. Peace pervaded our surroundings; neither of us spoke as we enjoyed the moment, listening to the waterfall trickle and owls hoots distantly.

"Kellen?" She begins quietly, looking up from where she's nestled on my chest.

"Mmmmm?"

"Can we take this slowly? I'd like to get to know you fully before we mate. I'd like it to be right." I look down into her gray eyes, so clear and knowing.

"Of course, anything you want, Beautiful." I oblige leaning in to kiss her, but she pulls back slightly.

"I want it to be what we both want." She states certainly. "I want us to have a relationship based on honesty. Tell me if you disagree."

Grinning, "I want what you want," I vowed pulling her in for a kiss, which she returns happily.

We spend several hours like that, rocking in the hammock talking about various topics both trivial and personal; getting to know each others favourite things, likes, dislikes and aspirations. My admiration for her as a leader returns when the topic of conversation turns to her pack; "I don't want my relationship with you to affect how I'm seen as a pack leader, and certainly not the way in which my pack is treated." She spoke passionately, defiantly.

PROWESS. (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara