Chapter 13

Kellen POV;

The days on the check began to drag and feel like years; through the visits to the packs I could manage, as long as I stayed completely focused on my job at the time. It wasn’t until I found myself alone that my mind would swarm with thoughts of my Ana.My mate. Although my wolf had accepted what she was doing as perfectly justified and agreed that he would do exactly the same in that situation, it didn’t mean he liked it and neither did I.

Currently, I sat at the desk in a room of the house provided by the Alpha whose pack territory we’d checked today, while the rest of my family converged in the living room, I chose not to join them. I wondered what my angel was doing right now? I prayed she was safe. Instead of running away with thoughts that would drive me crazy, stripping down, I jumped in the shower.

Since managing to reach out to my Ana, I had regularly been checking to see if I could talk to her again but yet with no avail; for habit sake, I tried again as I got out the shower, towel dried myself and threw on some boxers and some PJ bottoms.

Kellen? Her wolf called. I froze. Was this real?

Ana? I question in surprise.

Yeah it’s me, I’m sorry I haven’t been answering, are you mad at me? Her worry had me worried. I hated it; I wanted to protect her from everything that could hurt her. I needed to make my angel realize that I would NEVER, could never, be mad at her.

No of course not, Ana baby, I understand what you’re doing and why, I’m just relieved! Are you ok? Are you safe? Aside from being over the moon that she was talking to me, I was concerned for her safety; the fact she had to leave me because we’d been in danger was always at the front of my mind.

Much better now we’re talking, how about you? Even her thoughts brought a smile to my face.

Same applies here. I’m better too, now I know your ok…I was wondering…As I thought about what I was about to ask her an internal argument took place; should I ask for her full name? Why she wasn’t on the guest list? Would she tell me? Only one way to find out…

I’ve got to go, we’ll speak soon. I miss you. With that Ana was gone. Her sudden disappearance left me confused and shocked. For 5mintues I stood unmoving trying to comprehend what had happened, when I still couldn’t grasp the answer I threw on a shirt and ran down the corridor, down the stairs and into the living room where the rest of the family were convened. When I rushed in they forgot whatever conversation they’d been having and turned to face me with concern.

“Kellen, what’s wrong? Is there danger?” asked Mom immediately standing up.

“Son?” asked Dad in his Alpha tone. Behind him Maxim pulled Sophia a little closer, narrowing his eyes. Bell simply lent forward curiously to take in my expression without saying anything.

“No, no, there’s no danger. Sorry,” I hurriedly told them, to which they relaxed and smiled before looking as confused as I felt.

“Then what’s wrong? Why were you in such a rush to get down here?” Questioned Mom. Walking around them I went to take a seat in a single chair, near the lit fire, Mom and Dad followed suit.