Chapter 68

Anastasia POV:

As if on a mission, Chanel storms my parents' house the next morning with Anya in tow. The look Anya gave me on arrival could pierced glass; I could feel the mixture of her disapproval, annoyance and resignation as she gives me another check over. My order to keep her tongue in front of my parents was the only thing sparing me from her ferocity.

While Chanel got to work pampering me with a mask face, manicure and pedicure, Anya set up an IV drip vitamin cocktail into my arm, while also taking a blood panel and my blood pressure. Both worked in silence, with a beach themed playlist playing in the background. Around lunchtime, Violetta appears with a selection of clothes from my new wardrobe as Chanel begins drying my hair.

"You'll be joining the Natheals for their entrance to the welcoming dinner. It is a formal dinner. Perhaps a gown, Ma'am?" Suggests Violetta, holding up the options. Its strange to hear Letty calling me 'Ma'am' I guess I would have to get used to it since we were in unfamiliar territory now.

"Who's going to be there?" I ask Jones' stood by the door with his arms crossed, silently surveying us.

"Southern nobility – Dukes, Duchesses, the Alphas and their families."

"What distinguishes the Duchy from Alphas?" If I was going to be rubbing shoulders with nobility, I would need background to avoid embarrassing myself or anyone else. I'd be swimming with sharks... well a different set of sharks to the ones already circling me.

"The South are more integrated with their humans. The Duchy – usually humans - sponsor Alphas, like Patrons. They take active interest in the Packs they sponsor. The Duchy are the financial patrons of the packs. We have werewolf Elders'; they have the human Duchy."

"Okay." I draw out, processing the information. "Violetta I'll wear the black suit, with gold vest and gold jewelry." I need to make an impactful impression on these people.

"Very well Ma'am. I'll leave them out on the bed for you. If you need anything else, just give me a shout" She smiles, leaving the room no doubt to go gossip with Mum. Jones' also vacates the room as Chanel finishes drying my hair.

"I think it best to leave your hair down tonight, especially if you're wearing a suit. We don't want you to look like you do as a leader, we want badass but soft as well." She winks at me in the mirror as she squirts some nice smelling hair product into her hands, which she then threads through my hair.

"I haven't thrown you into the deep end with all of this, have I?"