Chapter 18

Anastasia POV;

Thanking heaven I’d already been wearing my phasing compatible black leather leggings, vest top and jacket; I’d also managed to grab a black masquerade mask on my way out the door. At top speed, I was now racing down the highway, my mind and my wolf focused solely on reaching Kellen. It no longer mattered if staying away kept us safe, he needed me now and I had every intention of being there for him; he needed the strength and motivation that only I could give him.

“How are we gonna do this?” Asked James from the back seat. With my attention wholly consumed elsewhere, I barely cared that James and his two back ups had climbed into Mum’s ranger rover behind me. If he wanted to help then I wasn’t going to stop him, we would need all the help we could get even if he was the one offering.

“I don’t know.” I answered tonelessly. My plan so far was just to do everything possible to get to Kellen.

“We’ll cover you.” Spoke one of the backups from the backseat. I was grateful for this even if I didn’t trust them, I merely nodded in reply; I couldn’t concentrate fully.

Rick, what’s happening? I command urgently, anticipation and angst growing gradually in my stomach.

We’re running full sprint through the forest, we can smell the rogues; we’re sure we’re close. He responded. Through his eyes I saw the forest flashing past him, and pack members running either side of him. Knowing that neither of us knew where exactly we were heading, I reached through to Kellen’s mind, looked through his eyes and focused on his surroundings. They were deep within the forest in officially unclaimed territory, in a clearing marking the borders between Alpha Riggs pack and my own; once establishing his location I slammed my foot down on the accelerator and passed the information to Rick. We’re not far from there but you’re closer than we are, we’ll get there as fast as we can Prowess.

Without replying I pulled out of the mind connection; breaking harshly, I abruptly stopped the rover at the side of the road and jumped out of the car. Behind me, James and his men followed suit as I headed to the boot, grabbed the weapons bag I’d taken from my Ferrari and shouldered it, taking off full sprint into the forest. It wasn’t long before I smelt the rogues; following their scent brought me to the edge of the clearing but the trees allowed us to remain sheltered from sight.

Dropping the weapons bag, I assessed the scene; Kellen had been forced to his knees with a gun held to the back of his head, behind him, his family were filed into the same position. Anxiety built as I watched, my heart in my throat, him being blindfolded. The moment I saw the first boot collide with his lower abdomen it caused a different kind of pain to twist in my stomach. Stay strong. I pleaded as I filled his mind with my strength before sprinting towards him, James and his backups following me. My Prowess took charge of controlling my human form quickly, tactically fighting off Kellen’s attackers with knives. Once they were dead I knelt in front of Kellen’s barely conscious form.

“Kellen? Look at me.” I ordered, pulling off his blindfold. Relief swept over me when his captivating yellow eyes greeted mine. “You need to get up and fight!” I began to tell him but I suddenly found myself being yanked away from him. Struggling fiercely, my gaze remained fixed on Kellen; he was quickly on his feet and upon seeing me struggle, he phased. Everything after that blurred from the speed it all happened at; several different packs joined us at once, including my own. The King and the second Prince phased to join the hoard of fighting, while I made my priority freeing the Queen, Princess and Mate of the second Prince, which I did quickly and effectively. All thanked me before running to attend to the people who weren’t involved.

It took mere seconds before I was mobbed by a group of rogues; I worked my hardest to hold my own in fighting back but I was out numbered five to one with each rogue attacking from a different angle. Focused fully on my own fight gave me the advantage and after somehow defeating my opponents, I felt exhaustion lingering; being in human form meant I didn’t have the same amount of stamina or fighting capacity I would have done in my wolf form.

“Ana behind you!” Yelled James sharply, before being tackled to the ground by a rogue.

Spinning around in lighting speed, I met my opponents eyes for a moment but without having enough time to react, it leapt towards me. It’s teeth slicing into my arm, while another clamped its jaw into my shoulder from behind as it’s claws ground into my ribs and back. The weight of the two rogues caused my knees to buckle and fall backwards, smashing my head brutally upon making contact with the ground. The last thing I remember before being consumed by darkness was the sound of my shriek of pain and the frightening howls following it.

__________________________________________________________________________________

CLIFFHANGER! :O Suspense guys... it's all about the suspense ;)

Since this is a short chpater, I thought I'd upload it sooner; so here you are my lovelies! That and ive now FINISHED SCHOOL! :D My treat ;)

You guys with your comments, seriously makes my cheecks blush up :3 Thank you!

COMMENT & VOTE please! <3 Much love <3

Dedicated to MeggieSue62