Chapter 82

Anastasia POV:

I'm glowing, I determine as I look in the mirror. My hair is softer and shinier, my face no longer looks thin and hollow where my cheek bones stuck out, but full and healthy with flush pink cheeks. My general level of health and fitness have returned; climbing the stairs to and from my apartment no longer exhausts me, in fact Kellen and I spent most of the last few days in bed together and endurance certainly hadn't been an issue. When we weren't in bed, Kellen and I were training together, pushing one another to do better by setting targets for each other to achieve. I could now easily do two laps of the entirety of my pack territory, where before I barely managed one.

Initially, I thought a week cooped up in my apartment during my heat would be my personal hell. Yet now Kellen and I are mated, the week off has been necessary to learning our relationship and establishing its dynamic. In fact, I extended my week off by another week so Kellen and I could spend more time together, and to be secure in the knowledge that my heat is over by the time I return to work.

Time off has been crucial; Kellen and I are on the same wavelength, we share all our secrets, our feelings and our thoughts. We have agreed not to speak about my pack business or his royal duties with each other unless it will impact on our relationship. We stayed up every night this second week having really deep conversations about our future, our personal goals and aspirations, everything.

Last night, we put on an old movie, Kellen went and got popcorn from the kitchen and we sat snuggled up on the sofa all night. When I woke up this morning, I was laid on top of Kellen on the sofa cocooned by him and a blanket. The bond between us continues to strengthen as openness and honesty settle between us. I smile at my reflection as I run the brush through my hair.

I almost feel reluctant to return to work. I check the time, 09.30. Anya would be visiting at 11 for a check-up which will determine if I can return to work.

"Ready to shower Beautiful?" Asks Kellen, sweeping my hair away from my neck to drop a kiss there.

"Of course." I grin, turning and going on my tip toes to kiss him. He has such soft lips; they are addictive to kiss.

"If you keep thinking like that, neither of us will get anything done today." He warns, switching the shower on.

"Oh, we'll get something done." I wink grinning, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Ah, my lady, how can I possibly refuse? Your wish is my command" He laughs, sitting me up on the counter and kissing me passionately.

*

"Dad just called, he's requesting my return to the palace for a meeting." Says Kellen joining me in the bathroom. I dry my hair and wrap it up in my signature bun as he begins brushing his teeth.