2

Rick, Daryl, Shane, and Glenn went out to look for Sophia. Daryl has been a tracker probably all his life so I knew that they would have a good lead.

I was sitting in the RV, cleaning my gun when I heard someone walk in. I looked up to be faced with Dallas, I just gave him a small,defeated smile. He took the seat that was right in front of me, watching intently as I pieced together my gun.

"Your dad would be happy that you're finally putting that thing to use." My dad had gotten me a gun for my 17th birthday. He said 'Young woman like you needs to be able to protect yourself.' Which is funny because he never protected me. That was, actually, one of the only nice things he did for me. After that day I took off with Dallas and we just lived our lives.

I gave him a sad smile, "I don't think he would be happy with anything I do now. But, he's probably dead now so what do I care?" I said as i put the gun back into my holster. Dallas and I had a lot in common, and one of the main things we had in common was neither of us had any good, traditional parental figures to look up to growing up.

Dallas never had anyone to look after him, besides me. But, before he met me he was always in and out of jail, living on the streets, the whole nine yards. His mom died when he was young, from what I heard. His dad, well, his dad was the meanest man I've ever met before. He kicked Dallas out when he was just shy of 13, and before then he would smack him around all of the time. I only met him once. But in that one time I knew that he was cruel.

It wasn't until Dallas met me that he put his head on straight. He never went to jail, he got a job. I even got a house so he could live with me. I couldn't stand him living on the streets, it broke my heart to see.

I was jumped out of my thoughts when I heard Dale yell my name. We were moving cars off the highway so the RV could fit through. I noticed that Glenn and Shane were back.

"Where's Rick and Daryl?" I walk up to Shane.

"They're still looking. Glenn and I came up here to put you guys to work." he tells me, then swiftly walked away.

All I could do was shrug. I never understood Shane. I tried to keep a good distance between us because I don't trust him if I'm being frank.

"Why aren't we all out there looking? Why are we moving cars?" I heard Carol say to Dale. I walk up to her, putting my hand on her shoulder. I knew she wanted to go look for her daughter, and she was going insane just standing around.

"We have to clear enough room so I can get the RV turned around as soon as it starts running." Carol looked confused at his statement.

"Now that we have enough fuel we can double back to a bypass Glenn flagged on the map." Dallas added. I looked at Carol's expression. She had an angry and confused face on.

"We aren't going anywhere till my daughter gets back." She argued, barely above a whisper.

Lori walks up behind her, "Hey that goes without saying." She put her hand on her shoulder for a moment before going back to whatever she was doing. I nodded, agreeing with Lori's statement. I rubbed her back and went to go take a breath. I was so overwhelmed with everything going on, I needed a few moments.

I heard someone walking towards me, I immediately knew it was Dallas. He spoke up,

"Do you really think they're going to find her?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at his statement. I didn't turn around.

"What?" Was all I said.

"I mean anything could've happened between the time she went missing, and now. What do you think her chances are out there?" He was just being realistic, and I admired that. Deep down I knew he was right, that's why I didn't argue. I just shrugged, not wanting to say what I really thought.