Chapter 35

Karen and David were dead

Karen and David were dead. Shit. Someone killed them in cold blood. I'm guessing their motive was to stop the disease from spreading, except it didn't do anything but cause hurt to people who knew them. Now both Sasha and Caleb came down with the virus.

"It spread. Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb, and now others." Hershel explained to me, Carol, Glenn, Michonne, and Daryl.

Hershel started explaining the plan to keep this this under control. I looked over to Glenn to see he didn't look too good. He was sweating profusely and just looked ill. I didn't want to put him on the spot so I waited until everyone left to talk to him.

"Hey. Glenn wait up." He stopped and shot me a confused look. I gave him a concerned one back, "You feeling alright?" He sighed looking the other way.

"No. But maybe it's just in my head. I don't know. I'll wait until I know for sure, but in the meantime I'll steer clear of anyone." He says backing away. I nod and walk out, going towards my cell block.

Beth was going to go into quarantine with Judith, Carl, and some other kids as well. carl wasn't too pleased about being considered a kid.

"It's for your own good." Rick tried to make Carl feel better about the situation, but truth be told, you can't convince teenagers if they have their mind set on something. it's nearly impossible.

"I'm fine. I don't want to be locked away with a bunch of kids. " Was all he said as he roughly threw all of his belongings into an orange bag. I saw the picture of him, Rick, and Lori. I wanted to smile at the fact that he still kept ahold of it, but now was not the time.

"I need you in there keeping an eye on Judith and everybody else. Making sure they're safe. If anybody gets sick, you let me know." Rick warned. Carl rolled his eyes and continued to pack, now standing up. "What if they've already turned when I find them?" He walks closer to me and Rick as the father sighed.

"You don't fire unless you absolutely need to." Carl was quick to respond. "But you now I might need to, right?" Rick only nodded as Carl walked passed him. I caught the young boy by the arm, "Hey. You'll be out before you know it. You're protecting everyone in there just like we're protecting everyone out there. Trust me you'll live." He gave me a weak smile before walking to the administration building.

I turn back to Rick to see him pinching the bridge of his nose. "Hey. he's okay. He's a teenager, all teenagers shun their parents. Believe me, I know." I said laughing at the last part. he nodded as he kissed my head, before heading out the cell block.

I was walking to my cell when I heard Glenn whispering something. "it's gonna be okay." Was all I heard him say.

"Glenn?" I went to enter but he put his hand out, indicating for me to stop, "Don't. Don't come in."

"What is it?" I was scared of what he was about to say. I felt someone walk up behind me. I turned to see Maggie with a worried look etched on her face, mirroring mine.

He turned to both of us, "I have it." It made my heart drop as I closed my eyes, sighing. The virus was just spreading more rapidly. Maggie nodded for me to go and I obliged, going into my cell. I was worried this virus was gonna wipe out our whole group.

Daryl, Dallas, Tyreese, Michonne, and Bob were all going on a supply run for antibiotics, or any other medications we need.

"Hey, be careful out there." I said lightly punch Dallas' back. He turned around and smiled once he saw me. He engulfed me into a hug, me instantly wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I'll try my best. you hold down the fort while we're gone. Make sure no more people die." He pulled away, looking me in the eyes.

"I'll try my best." I mocked as I let go of him completely. He gave my arm on last squeeze as I watched him walk off towards Beth. They exchanged a few words before I saw them kiss. I smirked and decided to walk away. I was happy for Dallas, he finally found someone that made him feel happy, and I haven't seen him this happy in a long time.

"Michelle." I was sitting in the cafeteria, cleaning my gun when I heard my name being called. It was Rick. I smiled at him as he took a seat beside me.

"What's up?" He grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes. my face turned serious as I saw the expression on his face. "Rick, what is it?" He sighed and looked over my features, before speaking again. "Carol killed Karen and David. She told me." My eyes widened at his words. Carol would never hurt anyone unless she had a good reason. I guess her reasoning was to stop the virus from spreading.

"Does Tyreese know?" He shook his head. "Good it stays that way. We don't say anything to him until he gets back."

"I'm going on a run with her, try to find some supplies. Maybe some medication." I nodded and gave him a quick yet passionate kiss. He nodded at me a he walked out of the cell block, leaving me to ponder on the information he had just given.