7

I saw Glenn, Shane, Dallas, and Rick run towards the woods. Rick ordering me to stay put.  I watched Andrea closely, making sure she didn't do anything stupid like shoot the walker. I saw her getting down low so she could aim better.

"Andrea, no." I said through gritted teeth. She ignored me.

"Andrea, no." Dale had worry in his voice.

"Back off." She snapped. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her ignorance. She wanted to play this out, I wasn't going to stop her. Bang. She smiled in victory, but screams interrupted her slight celebration. It sounded like Rick.

"Both of you run down there see whats going on. I'll go up on the RV to get a better view." I ordered them. They started sprinting in the direction of the shot. I grabbed the binoculars and looked through them. I saw Shane and rick carrying what looking like Daryl. My heart sunk. Please don't be dead.

They swiftly moved passed me, everyone gathering into the house to check on Daryl. I stayed on watch, mainly because everyone else was in the house so nobody else could do it. I sat there hoping he was ok. After a while T-Dog came to relieve me. I got off the RV and made my way to see Daryl. The door was already open, so I let myself in.

He looked to see it was just me, "How you feeling?" I said leaning on the window sill. He grunts in response, I didn't expect anything less, honestly.

He looked at me before speaking again, "I found her doll." I gasped lightly. It was a good lead. We had found actual evidence now. I thought for a few moments, before smiling at him, and walking out the door.

Dinner was awkward than ever. With the knowledge I have about Hershel wanting us to leave, I knew we didn't convince him otherwise with the events that happened today. I kept seeing Rick and Hershel exchange a few glances every now and then. I planned to talk to Rick after dinner was over.

After Rick excused himself, I did the same a few moments later. I followed him out the door. I saw him sit on one of the porch chairs and put his head into his hands. I don't think he knew I was there. I walked over to the railing and leaned on it, standing right next to him. He looked up at me.

"What do you think our chances are?" He looked a little impatient once I asked that question.

"It's an uphill battle. But I think with both of our courage, we could convince him." He said never breaking eye contact; I saw hope in his eyes.  I nodded my head slowly, not know what else to say.

"You should get some sleep." He said, getting up from the chair. I shook my head,

"Can't. Got another night shift." I said, dreading the long night ahead of me.

"Want me to stay with you?" I didn't expect him to ask me that. It caught me off guard.

"Uh, yeah. Why not." I said, then we started to walk towards the RV. Rick climbed up the ladder of the RV, then helped me up. I just sat in the camp chair that was on top of the RV and Rick sat on the roof.

"Where are you from? You don't really look like you're from Georgia." He said, looking off into the fields.

"Chicago. Dallas came from New York when we were about 17." I didn't really like to talk about my Chicago life, it wasn't that memorable or worth sharing.

"What were you guys doing in Atlanta?"

I smiled at the memory, "We were driving back from New York. He decided to finally take me after 10 years of knowing each other. He wanted me to see what New York was really about." I said still smiling. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him smile along with me.

"So how's this whole pregnancy thing going to work? I can't imagine anyone giving birth to a human in this world." I said breaking the silence after a while.

"I don't know. She had complications with Carl and had an emergency c-section. I assume that this one would be the same way." He put his elbow on his leg and supported his head up. That scared me. We could lose Lori if that happens. When it'll happen I guess.

"You should get some sleep sheriff. We got a long day tomorrow. I'll keep watch the rest of the night." I stretched my legs and lightly kicked him in the back to get him up.

"Alright I guess I should. Hollar if you need anything." he got up and turned to face me. We stared at each other for a moment. It kinda scared me how long it was. I cleared my throat and broke eye contact.

"Goodnight."

"Night."

I watch him climb down the ladder and walk over to his tent until he disappeared in there. I didn't like how that made me feel. Oh lord here we go.

The next morning, Shane, Rick, a few others, and I were going to take some of our group out to teach them how to shot. Well, Shane was going to be doing most of the shooting, me and Rick were just observing. We took three cars, me driving the SUV.

I walked up and down, observing people as most of them hitting their targets. Andrea was doing real good. I walked up to Carl, impressed with how good he was doing for his condition and age. I just nodded and gave him an impressed smile. he only smiled back and turned to shoot the next bottle.

After a while, we all started to head back to camp. Except Dallas and Andrea, they were going to do more practice.

Once we go back I went up to Hershel. He was eating lunch, and reading something. I joined him at the table. He barely looked up at me, but he put his book down. Telling me I had his attention.

"Rick told me." I wasn't going to hold back. I just wanted to be straight up with this man, after all he's done for us. He just looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

I cleared my throat, "I mean, with everything you and your family have done for us. At least let us repay you. However you like I mean I think that's fair to everyone." I didn't want to go out there again. And there was no way in hell I was going to let the rest of the people I care about go through what we went through again.

"I'll think about it." Was all he said before going back to his book. I rose from my seat and headed out the door. I slammed the door a little harder than I would've.

I headed back to camp when I saw that Dallas and Andrea were back. They looked very much disheveled. Oh was I gonna have fun with this one.

"You okay Dal?" I asked mockingly. He immediately knew I was about to bust his balls. I guess Andrea already did that, though.

"Mind your business, Mich." He had an annoyed look on his face and all I could do was giggle and follow him into our tent.

"You've been talking to Rick a lot, huh?" Dallas asked as he changed out of his blood stained white shirt.

"Uh we talk, yeah." Now I'm curious as to what he has to say on the matter.

He shrugged, "Don't be forgetting about me over here now. I know this is our group but you know how I feel about certain people, I don't usually like them and I can tolerate you." Oh he was going to get it now.

"Oh yeah, Punk!" I jokingly punch his arm.

"Tolerate." I scoffed under my breath. How rude of him. But then again he was Dallas. He doesn't change for the world, he'll say what he wants to.