Chapter 24

Rick walked up to the fence, looking at the walkers

Rick walked up to the fence, looking at the walkers. I wasn't sure what he was doing, and I was worried to say the least. Carl handed me the baby as he ran over to where his dad was. I saw them running back, with a woman over Rick's shoulders. 

We quickly ushered her into our cell Blok, laying her on the ground. She had a bullet graze on one of her legs. And she had blood all over her, but it was walker blood. I saw the woman start hyperventilating. "Hey hey, look at me. look at me. Who are you?" She didn't answer, she looked around for her sword and reached for it. I quickly snatched it before she could grab it, and I put it out of her reach.

"No we're not gonna hurt you unless you try something stupid first, all right?" I heard Daryl come on. "Rick, Michelle." We both turn our heads towards Daryl. 'Who the hell is this?" He asked looking at the woman on the floor. "You wanna tell us your name?" She didn't answer once again. "You wanna tell us your name?" Silent. "Ya'll come on in here." Rick now stood up, standing close to me, "Everything alright?" Rick didn't take his eyes off the girl. "You're gonna wanna see this." We followed him to a cell. I stood in the doorway, looking in. My heart dropped. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Aren't you gonna give me a hug, doll?" I ran and jumped into my best friends arms. I couldn't believe he was alive. "Dallas, oh my god. How are you here?" I said looking at his face. He just shrugged and gave me his significant smirk, "I guess you were, Mich." I smiled and kissed his forehead. he planted a kiss on my cheek before I moved over to give Carol and long and tight hug. 

Dallas, Hershel, Rick, Daryl, and I moved back to where the woman was, trying to get more information. 

"We can tend to that wound for you, give you a little food and water, and then send you on your way." Rick said walking up to the woman. I stayed by Dallas' side, sitting on the table. "But you're gonna have to tell us how you found us and why you were carrying formula." She looked at him closely, before speaking. "The supplies were dropped by a young Asian guy with a pretty girl." Glenn and Maggie. "What happened?" Rick asked wanting more information. "They were taken." 

"Taken? By who?" I shot up from my spot. "By the same some of a bitch who shot me." She snapped. Rick kneeled down to her level, squatting right in front of her, "Hey, these are our people. You tell us what happened now!" Rick grabbed her wound on her leg as she yelped. I pulled his shoulder back so he didn't hurt her too much. "Don't you ever touch me again!" She stood up pointing her finger at him. Rick just looked at her. 

Daryl held his crossbow in her sight, "You'd better start talking. You're gonna have a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound." The woman eyed Daryl cooly, "Find them yourself." She said as she sat back down. "Hey shh, shh, shh. Put it down." Rick motioned for Daryl to put down his crossbow, which he complied. Rick moved so she could look at him. 

"You cam here for a reason." She thought for a moment. "There's a town. Woodbury. About 75 survivors. I think they were taken there." We all shared a glance. "A whole town?" Rick asked. "It's run by this guy calls himself the Governor-pretty boy, charming, Jim Jones type." I wanted to know more about this town, but we needed to find Glenn and Maggie. 

"He got muscle?" I heard Dallas ask from behind me. "Paramilitary wannabes. They have armed sentries on every wall." She described. "You know a way in?" Rick titled his head. "The place is secure from walkers, but we could slip our way through." I saw the imaginary wheels turning in Rick's mind.  

He chuckled before speaking again, "How'd you know how to get here?" 

"They mentioned a prison, said which direction it was in, said it was a straight shot." I was wondering why they had said where the prison was. "This is Hershel, the father if the girl who was taken. He'll take care of that." Rick patted Hershel's back as he walked off. Before he left completely, he called my name, and motioned for me to follow him. As I passed Dallas, I put my hand on his should briefly, before walking out the room. 

I walked into Rick's cell, seeing him leaning on a side table. I leaned against the doorway, with my arms crossed for my chest. "So, um Michelle." He stopped and took a breath, looking down. I looked at him intently, but I couldn't see because he was covering his face. I then heard quiet sobs coming from him. I immediately go to his side and sit him on the bed, going to close the curtain shut so no one could see us. 

"Hey, Rick. It's okay. It's fine." I put my arm around his shoulder for comfort as he cried into my chest. He lifted his head up to look at me, tears still in his eyes. "I'm sorry I did that to you. I'm sorry I hurt you I didn't mean-" I cut him off my grabbing his face in my hands. 

"Hey, shh. It's okay. I'm fine, you didn't hurt me. You just scared me a little. Not from your actions but from your behavior. But, I can tell you're doing a lot better now." He nodded, sniffling a bit before wiping his eyes so it didn't look like he was crying. 

"Just don't tell Dallas. He'll beat the tar outta you." I joked, he cracked a weak smile. I rubbed his arm for a brief moment before walking out. 

Rick, Daryl, Dallas, Michonne, Oscar, and I were all gearing up to go get Glenn and Maggie. Daryl up front with Rick, while I sat on Dallas' lap behind Rick, Oscar in the middle, and Michonne behind Daryl. As we were driving I would look through the rearview mirror to see Rick already looking at me. I saw a hint of jealously in his eyes but I shook it off once again. 

Once we parked the car, we all got out. "Michelle, I need you to stay with the car. If something happens, we need you here." Rick said looking at me with his hand on my shoulder. I nodded and put my hand on his, reassuring him. I went over to Dallas to hug him, "Be safe. Come back in one piece." I pulled away and kissed his cheek. He gave me a smile and walked with the rest of the group. I hope they find Glenn and Maggie.