4

The next day we all gathered around Carol's Cherokee. to map out where we were all going. Dallas and I were gong to go look in the opposite direction of where the rest of the group was going to look, to cover more ground.

"Everybody takes a weapon." Rick said to all of us, looking at the arsenal that was laid out on the hood of the car.

"These aren't the kind of weapons we need. What about the gun?" Andrea said with attitude. I scoffed at how bratty she sounded. I hated that all that was in her tiny little brain was having a gun she didn't even know how to use. It was pathetic to say the least.

"we've been over that. Daryl, Rick, Michelle, Dallas, and I are carrying." Shane said to Andrea. Dallas and I have known how to shoot before all of this. Dallas used to live on the wild side of New York, so he familiarized himself with them. I'm not sure why he had to, and I'm not sure I wanted to. My dad was into guns so he decided to teach me when I was young.

I heard Shane and Andrea exchange a few more words before Shane stalked off. Daryl and Rick told the plan to the rest of the group. Once they were done, Rick came up to Dallas and I,

"You guys be careful. Don't know whats out there. Watch each others backs. Meet back here before sundown." He shook Dallas' hand and nodded at me with a slight smile, I smiled back. I watched him walk off back towards the group.

I waved to Dale and T-dog before me and Dallas headed into the woods to go look for Sophia.

We've been walking a while just looking for places where Sophia could possibly be hiding. It was silent for what seems like ever until Dallas spoke up,

"Do you remember our trip to New York City?" He said still walking. I smiled remembering the moment.

"Yeah. It was the best trip of my life."  I said still smiling.

He had taken me there after I had begged and pleaded that I wanted to see where he came from. I always wondered how Dallas Winston became Dallas Winston. Once we got there boy did it all just make sense. I smiled at that thought. It was so odd how the place you're from and your environment can shape you as a person.

He didn't say anything after that. I think we were both silently rethinking the thought. I was okay with that

We decided to head back after a few more hours. Dale and T-Dog were the only ones there, still. Everyone else must be still looking.

"Nothing?" Dale asked, already knowing the answer. I gave him a sad smile and started to put all of my gear away.

We've been waiting around for what seemed like ever until I saw Glenn, Daryl, Carol, and Andrea come out of the woods. Glenn said that carl had been shot. My heart dropped.

"Shot? What do you mean shot?" Dale was the first to speak.

"I don't know, Dale. All I know is this chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori." Glenn panted.

"You let her?" Dale yelled at Daryl.

"Climb down out of my asshole, man. Rick sent her. She knew Lori's name and Carl's." daryl said passing rudely by Dale. I looked at Dallas who was just as confused as me.

We've all been hanging around, waiting for something to happen. I'm not sure what but we were definitely waiting for something. Dale had the idea to leave to find this farm. Carol was the first to shut it down.

"I won't do it. We can't just leave."  She pleaded.

"Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak." Dale said tiredly. I could tell he was tired of sitting around here.