Chapter 29

Daryl, Rick, and I were going to meet up with the governor

Daryl, Rick, and I were going to meet up with the governor. I was nervous to say the least. Me and Rick were gonna sit down and have a talk with him.

 I was driving with Rick in the passenger as we followed Daryl, who was on his motorcycle. My knuckles were white as I clutched the steering wheel. I guess Rick noticed my apprehensive state as he put his hand on my upper thigh, a little close. "Hey, it's going to be fine. We're just gonna talk, that's all." He said not releasing his hand. 

I glanced down at his hand before looking at him briefly with a smirk. "You know, we never got to finish our conversation the other day." I said teasingly. "He chuckled and removed his hand. I knew he noticed the disappointment on my face when I didn't feel his touch. 

"You call that a conversation?" He said as I stopped the car. "Whatever." I said as we both got out. Daryl stayed back, keeping a look out. While Rick and I swoop around the building, trying to be cautious. We entered the building, but not a sight of the governor. I heard the floor creek. I shot my head up to see very ocean blue eyes. Well, one eye. 

There was a table in the middle of the room, with three chair surrounding it. Once he was how hostile we were being, he put his hands up in surrender, chuckling a little bit. "We have a lot to talk about." The governor finally broke the silence.  "attacked us. Makes things pretty clear." Rick's voice was gravelly when he spoke. "I was trying to make things clear. I could've killed you all, I didn't." I scoffed and finally decided to speak, "Yeah, that makes it okay." He eyed me for a second, looking me up and down. I held my ground and kept eye contact with him. 

"And here we are." Rick said, ignoring our interaction. The governor went to reach for his belt, both of us aiming our guns to his head. "I'm gonna remove my weapon. Show that I mean to negotiate in good faith. I'd like you both to do the same." I looked at Rick, he slightly shook his head. 

The governor put his belt on the ground next to him, and sat down in on of the chairs. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the gate open. I look up to see Andrea walking up to the table. "What's going on?" She said mainly to the governor. "Nothing. Your friends isn't much for small talk." I almost laughed at his joke. "You wanna talk, talk."I snarled. "I wanted you to talk. Too many people have died for no reason. Let's end this. Save the bullets for the real threat. We can solve this. That's why I asked you to come here." I thought about it and deep down I knew she was right, but this guy would never agree. 

Rick's eyes never met the governor's. I wasn't even sure if he was listening. "I know what you've done. I heard about raids, the heads, Maggie." I raised my eyebrows and looked to the enemy. "Merle did that." He said innocently. "No, you know what I'm talking about."

"You know all about me and I know all about you. I don't care about any of that. we're here to move forward." He smiled a devilish smile. The way he was so charming made my skin crawl. 

"I've known you three at different times, but only after the world went to shit. And you guys stepped up for the good of others at great personal risk. There's no reason-" Andrea was cut of by the governor snapping to me and Rick, "Get to it." I threw down a map that circles both our locations, "Woodbury takes west of the river. The prison takes east. No one crosses, no one trades." I explained as he examined the map.