Chapter 26

After Rick calmed down from his meltdown, I walked him over to his cell and put him to sleep

After Rick calmed down from his meltdown, I walked him over to his cell and put him to sleep. Poor guy. I wish I could do something to help, but I know I couldn't. The best thing I could do was give him space. 

It was the next morning, and me and the group were reenforcing the walls around the prison. Just incase the governor tried to retaliate. 

Glenn and Carl were drawing out a map on the prison, trying to see where a breach was. The rest of the group, besides Rick, stood off to the side to watch. "The whole front of the prison is insecure. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men." Glenn warned. I sighed as I leaned into Dallas, who was beside me. 

"Why are we even so sure he's going to attack? Maybe you scared him off." Beth was naive. She wanted to hope for the best, and I understood that. But someone has to keep a reality check. "He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming." Michonne said from the corner. That was the most I've ever heard her talk. 

"We should hit him now. He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head." Glenn said, only to Michonne. "Hey, no. We stick together. We aren't at our strongest." I said stepping towards Glenn. He ignored me as he walked up to Michonne. "You know where his apartment is. You and I could end this tonight. I'll do it myself." I pulled Glenn's shoulder, so he could face me. 

"I said no. With Daryl gone, and Rick doing god knows what, I'm the next in charge. I say no. we stay put. No one's going anywhere to kill this guy. We have to keep a level head, and when the moment come, which it will. We'll kill him then. But, only with a clear head. This rage that's built up is gonna get you killed. So stop." I finished giving Glenn angry eyes. He just scoffed and walked away. I sighed and rubbed my temples, trying to stay calm. Dallas tried to comfort me but I just pushed him away, walking outside of the cell block. 

I decided to go find Rick. I haven't seen him since this morning. I walked across the field, looking through the fence to see him walking towards me. 

"Rick, what are you doing out here?" He paused, looking frantically around. "Rick,"

I've-I've been-i've got, stuff out here. Stuff." He stumbled over his words. "How much longer do you need?" I asked. "I don't know. I don't-" He couldn't get his head on straight, he was slowly going insane. "Is there anything I can help you with?" I wanted to go over to him and just hold him tight. Let him know that it's all gonna be ok. He looked at me with an unknown look for what seemed like the longest time. I took that look as a no and he wanted me to leave. I nodded my head slowly and started to head back to towards the prison.

 "I saw something." He spoke, making me turn around. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, Lori. I saw Lori- I'm seeing Lori. Look, I know it's not really her. But there's got to be a reason. it's got to mean something, you know. Shane. too. In the town." I sighed as I rubbed the bridge of my nose. 

"You're looking for them." He shook his head, "I'm waiting." 

"For what, Rick?" 

"I don't know, something. There's an answer. I know it doesn't make sense. Well, it does. It can make sense. I mean, I think in time it will make sense." He rambled on. 

"Rick, come on. You need rest. You barely slept last night." I motioned with my arm for him to come inside. " I can't. I can't." Was all he said before turning away, walking deeper into the forest. I sighed and grunted and I hit the fence with my hand out of frustration. 

All of a sudden, I hear gunshots shooting towards me. I immediately duck and hide in the tall grass. I fumbled to pull my gun out, shooting back. I knew it had to have been the Governor. I mean, who else would it be. I heard Rick from behind yelling my name. "Michelle! Get the hell out of there!" I ignored him as I started shooting at our enemies. 

As fast as it started, it got quiet. I thought it was over, until I heard the loud engine roar in the distance. I furrowed my eyebrows until I saw it shoot through the gates, almost hitting Michonne. It spun around so the back was facing me, as the back door dropped. My eyes widened as I saw dozens of walkers come stumbling out towards me. I hear Rick yelling 'no' as I killed any walker come too close. I saw Michonne and Glenn in a truck coming towards me. I finished killing any walkers close by and sprinted to the truck, diving into the backseat. 

Once we drove into the courtyard and parked the car. I hoped out to have Dallas' arms wrapped tightly around me. "Oh my god I thought you died. Are you okay?" He asked inspecting my body for bites or scratches. "I'm fine, Dallas. I'm just a little shook up is all." I turned my head to see Rick walking towards us. Behind them I saw Daryl and Merle. I smiled and ran up to Daryl, throwing my arms around his neck. he only chuckled as he held me tightly. 

Once he let go I slapped the back of his head. "Don't ever leave us again."

"I didn't mean to." He said looking down "Liar."  I smirked as we all walked into the cell block. The field was full of walkers now we couldn't even go outside during the day. We were trapped with no other way to go.