Chapter 17

"Dad?" Me and Rick whip our heads around, seeing a crying Carl

"Dad?" Me and Rick whip our heads around, seeing a crying Carl. My heart sunk. I knew Carl was close to Shane. Rick didn't speak, he just stood there in shock, wondering if his son witness his father killing someone, let alone his best friend. 

"Carl. You know, you should be back home with mom." Thats when Carl raised his gun. 

"Carl, honey. Your dad didn't do anything, just put the gun down and we can talk about this." We both slowly walked towards the boy. I screamed when he fired the shot. But he didn't shoot Rick. He shot a reanimated Shane. I look at Rick with confusion, how was that possible? rick just looked to the grounding deep thought. 

The three of us were walking back to the house quietly until Carl spoke up,

"You guys bit too?" 

We shake our head. "Shane was."

"That wasn't Shane. You know that" Rick was being hostile. 

"It used to be. what happened? You guys attacked? I new, I heard a gunshot, but I didn't see any walkers nearby. How did Shane die?" Rick sighed and turned to his son. He kneeled in front of him and was about to tell the boy the truth. Rick looks to his right, I follow his gaze. Oh my god. There was a herd of walkers coming our way. 

"Oh my god. go go go go go go go." Rick ushered us to sprint towards the house. We dodged every walker that came near us. we decided to go into the barn, it was closer and easier than the house. 

Rick put an iron rod between the doors so the walkers couldn't get in. I looked around the barn, trying to think of a solution to get us out of this mess. I see two tanks of gasoline. 

"Rick!" I hand him a tank and he immediately gets the message. We both start pouring the gasoline all over the barn. Rick gives Carl a lighter. 

"drop the lighter when I say. We'll stop some of them from reaching the house and distract the others, so at least we'll have a chance. Michelle, follow him up there." I nod my head. 

We both climb the ladder as fast as we can. Rick throws open the barn doors. Yelling his head off as he leads the walkers into the barn. He rushes up the ladder,

"Carl, now!" As Rick says this, Carl lights the lighter, and drops it in the sea of walkers. We all get onto on of the awning of the barn. We see Ian pulling the RV up to get us. Rick jumps onto it, then helps me and Carl up. We climb down the ladder and make our way over to get it. Once we get to the front, we see blood splatter the front window. Oh my god, Ian. No. No. No. No. I wanted to scream and cry but I couldn't. Not yet. Rick, Carl, and I go sprinting into the woods. We were going to circle around to get to the house. 

After what feels like forever of running we finally get to the house. The only person we see is Hershel, who was shooting at the walkers. we saw one coming up behind him. Rick shoots him down. We had to drag Hershel away from the scene, him screaming that it was his farm. We all rushed to the truck, Rick and I in the front seat and Hershel and Carl in the back.