11

"Holy shit

"Holy shit." I whispered as I looked down at the person I had just killed. I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later, but I wasn't ready for it. I guess I shouldn't dwell on it too much longer. I felt Rick pull me by my waist, heading towards the door. There were headlights that we saw from outside, we immediately ducked down. My back was pressed against Rick's front. My breath hitched as our bodies were close to each other. Snap out of it, Michelle.

I heard voices outside, calling for Dave and Tony. I was scared out of my mind. I tried to contain my breathing, but it was not use. I bet Rick could feel me shaking. We waited for what seemed like ever. Rick occasionally looking out the window, to see if the guys were gone.

"We can't sit here any longer. Let's head out the back and make a run to the car." Rick suggested. We all nodded and started to get up but then we heard shots fire from outside. We immediately go back to our hiding spots.

I then heard the same voices again. I heard them say that they were gonna check the bar. Shit. I covered my mouth so I could steady my breathing. The whole time, I don't break eye contact with Rick and he doesn't either. We both had a look in our eyes that said we were going to make it. When someone goes to open it, I see Rick push his back against the door. I bow my head in annoyance. How stupid of him.

"Yo, someone in there? Yo, if someone's in there, we don't want any trouble. We'e just looking for our friends." I looked at Rick with crazy eyes. What were we gonna do now?

"We don't want any trouble. We're just looking for our friends. If something happened, tell us This place is crawling with corpses. If you can help us not get killed, I'd appreciate it." My eyes scanned to the dead Dave and Tony in the bar. I then looked at Rick, he was in deep thought.

"They drew on us." I gave a look of defeat when he started to speak. I knew we were dead, then. I saw Hershel give the same look. Rick didn't really have a choice, though. I hear them ask if Dave and Tony were alive, Rick yelled a 'no'. That's when I heard them whispering to each other.

"You're friends drew on us! They gave us no choice! I'm sure we've all lost enough people, done things we wish we didn't have to, but its like that now. You know that! So let's just chalk this up to what it was- Wrong place, wrong-" But Rick was cut off by gunfire being directed towards us. We all covered our heads, I was beyond scared at this point. Rick and I got up quickly, aiming our guns towards the people, yelling at Hershel to go through the back door.

"Hey! We all know this is not gonna end well! There's nothing in it for any of us! You guys, just back off, and no one else gets hurt!" Rick yelled but all we heard were bottles rattling from the back, that's when I looked at Rick. He nodded at me to go check it out. I cautiously walked over to the back.

The stairs creaked underneath my feet, making me cringe. If someone was around they would definitely hear me coming. I then saw someone behind a glass door, as he was turning the knob, I shot right at him, killing him instantly.

"Michelle! Michelle!" I heard Rick calling my name.

"I'm alright, I'm alright." I yelled back, taking cover in case there was someone else out there. I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I whip around only to see Hershel. I go back to where I was looking at.

"Rick wants you to try for the car. I'll cover you."I only nod as I walk out the door, making sure its clear. Once I think it is I speed walk down the alleyway. I hear a gunshot from behind me, and I sprint to take cover behind a garbage bin. I hear another gunshot, then the enemy moaning in pain. I'm guessing Hershel took him down.

I hear Rick whispering something but I can't make it out, "You hit?" I shake my head, "No, no I'm good. Get Hershel and let's get the hell out of here." I say as Rick helps me up. He only nods, and whisper shouting Hershel's name.

As we run down the alleyway trying to make it to the car, I see an SUV pull up to a build where a young man is. I saw him jump off the roof, but he didn't make the jump. All I hear is tires screeching, trying to get away, and the boy screaming in pain.

Rick, Hershel, and I make our way over there. Seeing that his leg went straight through a pike on the gate. Hershel kept telling us we had to go, but the boy pleaded that we help him.

"He's a kid! We can't leave him!" I snapped back. The boy kept screaming so I slapped my hand over his mouth.

Shut up, Shut up!" I said through gritted teeth. Hershel then looked at the leg, seeing what he could do. Rick was covering the back while I was covering the front.

"There's no time!" I heard Hershel yell. All of a sudden, I see Rick pull his leg through the fence, the boy screaming in agony.

At this point, he's passed out from the pain. We carry him and plop him in the backseat, next to Hershel. I get in the passenger seat as Rick get in the driver's side. What an eventful day.