Chapter 38

"Rick  Come down here

"Rick  Come down here. We need to talk." The Governor yelled as he stood tall on the tank. I looked to Rick who was looking at the whole scene. 

"It's not up to me. There's a council now, they run this place." I watched carefully as I looked over all of the people he had, and it was a lot of them. I wondered where they found them. If they were new or old soldiers from Woodbury that we didn't pick up. 

"Hershel on the council?" I saw as a woman walked towards one of the cars, pulling the one legged man out of it. I saw Maggie and Beth start to cry a little. "What about Michonne. She on the council, too?" A man pulled the young girl out of the same car. I didn't know what to do. I felt helpless. They both kneeled side by side on the ground, facing us. 

"I don't make decisions anymore." Rick was trying hard so he didn't have to make any decisions, but it was inevitable. "You're making the decisions today, Rick. Come down here, let's have that talk."

Rick looked at me, looking for answers. I just nodded my head, indicating that I think he should go down there. I felt someone grab my hand, it was Carl. I just squeezed it and gave him a quick nod as we both watched his dad walk down at the fence. 

They talked for a while, no one knowing what either leaders were saying. I felt a nudge on my back. Turning around to see Dallas offering a gun, which I gladly took. I made sure I had plenty of ammo, turning the safety off just in case. 

I saw the Governor pull something out of the truck. Michonne's sword. I watched as he put it to Hershel's throat. Maggie and Beth clutched onto the fence, hoping he didn't hurt their father. 

Carl, Dallas, Daryl, and I held our guns up, training them on the Governor."We got to do something." I heard carl say from beside me. 

"You dad's got it." Daryl answered the young teen. "They're talking. We could kill the Governor right now." Carl was adamant on killing the Governor before things went south. 

"From 50 yards?" Dallas chimed in. Carl shrugged, "I'm a good shot. I could end this right now." Daryl scoffed, "Yeah, or you could start something else. You gotta trust him." I watched carl contemplate. He looked over to me, wondering what I thought. I just shook my head and moved my eyes back to the leaders. 

Whatever Rick was saying seemed to be working. The Governor slowly pulled the sword away from the old man's neck. 

I saw the Governor say something before swinging the sword all the way back, slicing Hershel's neck open. I gasped before firing the gun. Shooting whoever I could. 

It was a war. Everyone was scattered, shooting our enemy, with them shooting right back. All you could hear were gunshots and the cries coming from the Greene sisters. 

I ran from every bin to anything else I could take cover behind. I shot down numerous people. Not think twice about it. It didn't bother me to kill anymore. It was just something I was used to, I guess. 

I had lost sight of Dallas and carl a while ago. It felt like it was just me out here. Everything seemed quiet, except the sound of walkers growling. I needed to get out of here, no matter if anyone was alive or not. I needed to keep myself alive right now. 

I sprinted into the woods, not looking back once as our home as we knew it was gone.