Chapter 25

I had been waiting all night for them to get back, and quite frankly I was worried

I had been waiting all night for them to get back, and quite frankly I was worried. Glenn and Michonne had come back. Glenn was hobbled and exhausted. All three of us were standing around the car, waiting.

"Glenn!" We run over to the group, seeing someone I thought was dead. "What the hell is he doing here?" Glenn and Michonne pulled out weapons on the one and only Merle. Everyone was frantic. Me and Maggie were trying to hold Glenn back while daryl held his brother back. "He helped us get outta there" Daryl muttered. 

"Yeah right after he beat the shit out of you." Rick barked as he turned his head, facing Merle. Merle chuckled, "Hey, we both took our licks man." I heard Daryl mutter 'jackass' before Glenn stuck his gun up in Daryl's face again. 

Merle started laughing, "Man, look like you've gone native, brother." Daryl turned and got into his brothers face "No more than you hanging out with that psycho back there." He motioned off into the distance. "Oh, yeah, man. He is a charmer. I go to tell you that. Been putting the wood to your girlfriend Andrea big time baby. Mhm." Merle said to Michonne. Andrea? As in Atlanta Andrea? As in Andrea the one we left on the farm?

"Andrea's in Woodbury?" Glenn asked. Michonne raised her sword once more towards merle, "I told you to drop that! Do you know Andrea? Do you know Andrea?" She stayed silent. This girl just never talked. "Yep, she does. Her and blondie spent all winter cuddling up in the forest. mm-mm-mm yeah. My Nubian queen here had two pet walkers. No arms, cut off the jaws, kept 'em in chains. Kind of ironic now that I think about it." I took a glance at Rick, his faces mirrored mine. 

"Hey, man, we snagged them out of the woods. Andrea was close to dying." He said almost sincerely. "Is that why she's with him?" I asked. "Yeah. Snug as two little bugs. So what you gonna do now, Sheriff, huh? Surrounded by bunch of liars, thugs, and cowards."

"Shut up!" I yelled. 

"Oh, man, look at this. Pathetic. All these guns and no bullets in them."

"Merle, shut up!"

"Shut up yourself, bunch of pussies you roll-" He was cut off by me hitting him in the head with the butt of my gun. "Asshole." Everyone eyed me as if I had just killed their cat. But I ignored them and walked back to the car. 

I was by the car, keeping an ye on Michonne, while the rest were over to the side decided whether or not we were going to let Merle into the prison. From our stand point it looked pretty heated. "You think Rick's gonna keep me around?" She asked, still looking at them. "Should he?" I asked cooly. She only sent me a side glare before turning her gaze back to the group. 

I saw Daryl walking over, with Rick hot on his heels. "Sorry Michelle, gotta split." Daryl told me as he opened the hatchback, getting his things. I didn't say anything, because I knew there was nothing to say. If I was him I would go with my brother too. 

As he was walking to his brother, he turned around to look at us, I just sent him a wink and walked to the driver's side to get the car ready. 

We were driving while we came across a truck that was in the middle of the road. Glenn, Maggie, Rick, and I got out to go push it out of the way. 

Glenn went to open the door when a walker lunged at him. I grabbed my knife out but Glenn pushed it to the ground, and stomped his head in. Once he was done, he turned to Rick. "You didn't kill him." Rick looked at him as if he was crazy before speaking, "That's not why we went back."

"No. That's right. you went back for Daryl. And now he's gone again, and the Governor is still alive." I butted in, "Daryl was the priority." Glenn put his hand up, motioning for me to shut up. "I should have been there with you."

"You were in no condition."

"But my girlfriend was?" This time Maggie butted in, "Glenn this isn't about us."

"I should have been there." Glenn was angry about something, but I'm not sure what it was. "hey, hey, you didn't come back with us 'cause you could barely walk." Glenn pointed towards Maggie, "What about her? Do you know what he did to her? Do you know?" It was then that I knew exactly what he was mad about. I put a hand on Maggie's shoulder so she could calm down. 

"After all that effort, all the risk we took, Daryl just takes off with Merle." Glenn scoffs. 

"Well, he had his reasons." Was all Rick said. 

"Yeah you keep telling yourself that, Rick. It doesn't change the fact that we're up to our necks in shit." This time I got in Glenn's face, shoving his chest a little. "Hey! This isn't Rick's fault. What, do you want him to beg Daryl to come back to us? That's not in his control. So get your head clear. And stop taking it out on Rick, you hear?" Glenn just stares at me blankly. 

"Let's just get this out of here and get back. We can talk it out there." Maggie said putting both her hands on the truck. Glenn shakes his head, "You guys do all the talking you want, I'm done." I sighed as the three of us pushed the car out of the way. 

I pulled up to the courtyard and parked the car. Me and Dallas walked into the cell block, facing some unfamiliar faces. "Hi, I'm Tyreese. This is Sasha, Ben, and Allen." He motioned to the three behind him. I smiled with a nod, before taking a seat at one of the tables. 

The group and I were in where Tyreese and his group was. Rick wanted to talk to them to see if they were worth keeping around. Rick asked how they got in. 

"You brought them here?" Rick yelled at Carl. I just put a hand on his shoulder, stopping him. "He had no choice." Rick nodded his head, turning back to Tyreese. "I'm sorry bout your friend. we know what that's like." 

"Hershel said you could use some extra hands. We're no stranger to hard work. we'll go out get our own food, stay out of your hair. You got a problem with another group, we'll help you with that too. Anything to contribute." Rick looked at him for a moment, before shaking his head 'no'. Sasha pleaded with him. "It's like '10 Little Indians' out there. it's just us now." Rick still didn't budge. 

"Rick, let's talk about this. We can't just keep-" Rick cut me off, "We've been through this. With Tomas, Andrew. Look what happened." I sighed. "Axel and Oscar weren't like that." He turned swiftly towards me, angrily. "Where's Oscar now?" he said with gritted teeth. I just gave him a hard glare for speaking to me the way he just did. 

"I can't be responsible." He said turning back to Tyreese. "You turn us out, you are responsible." Was all Tyreese said. Hershel pulled Rick aside, talking him into letting the group stay. It looked like Rick was about to agree, but he looked up at the balcony, muttering 'no' to himself. Hershel just eyed him curiously. Rick was going insane. I kept looking up to where he was, but I didn't see anything. 

He started walking closer to it, looking up. "Why are you here? What do you want from me?" He said. I heard Carl call for his dad, I just wrapped my arms around him. Rick started yelling, I don't know exactly what he was saying. All of a sudden, he pulled his gun out, screaming 'get out'. I don't think he was talking to Tyreese's group, but to something else. I handed Carl off the Maggie as Glenn ushered Tyreese's group out. 

"Rick, it's okay. She's not there. She's not there, you don't see her." I knew he was seeing Lori. I could tell. I put my arms around his neck as he broke down into my chest, his arms wrapped loosely around my waist.  I ushered for everyone to get out of the room as Rick broke down. I hated that Carl had to see his dad like this. Oh, Rick.