18.) A Wedding to Remember Part 1

~~~Maria

I see Booker, looking at me and all my beauty. I know what I'm doing first, I think to myself. I'm going to settle some business affairs and then I'm going to meet Booker at the wedding. At first, he didn't want to do this but he agreed, citing that it'd be better. I remember the conversation I had with Kevin and I remember it so well. I have to prepare for any oversights this time, it's a good thing that Booker had a pretty bad financial situation though I do regret knowing he had one. I take no pride in doing what I'm doing to a man who does so much for me, emotionally and mentally.

Physically is another thing altogether but I enjoy what he does for me, I enjoy the fact that he makes me feel like a woman. I enjoy the fact that he makes me feel more secure in myself but what I was doing could jeopardize everything he has and I refuse to worry about it anymore. I knew what I had to do. I embrace the notion of pushing my life forward, this would only be for a little bit I tell myself, it's not supposed to be forever but I needed clean money to come through and this was the best way to have it done.

His bakery generated a modest amount of revenue and the increased amount of money I could get through it would make it better plus he already had the food licensing and everything. I get ready and I go, it was time to go and meet up with my accountants and to make sure I had clean money on hand, seeing as I had splurged a bit in the last few months. I drive to my accounting firm, a small modest building in East Baltimore. As I walk into the accounting firm, I see that it's slow because tax time is well past, I walk into the office and I stand there, patiently waiting as the head accountant notices and comes to me.

"Hello Miss Felicia," I say to her, her smile bright and her eyes even brighter. She had a family occasion planned today, I wonder I think but I let it go as she planned for this month in advance and she told me. I smile and say, "I was coming to see if everything was going great. I was also checking on my finances," She smiles and says, 'Yes, everything's fine,' I noticed that she was wearing a lot of high-dollar clothing including new shoes that were 180 dollars. She also had a dress shirt on and an expensive watch, the tattoos on her neck were even exposed. She normally dressed more reserved, but I could tell this was a special occasion.

Her dreadlocks had been done and tied behind her back and she wore some diamond earrings. 'Yes, though we have noticed a few pings to your account. I moved more money to your account to accommodate the losses,' "Excellent," I say with a smile. "That's a nice cologne you have on too," I noticed how much work she's been putting into my store, "How has everything been here?" 'It's been great,' she says. "Good. Well, business as usual. More money will be coming soon," I say to her, "Clean it as fast as you can," She smiles and says, 'Yes ma'am. You're looking beautiful today, Miss Maria. Where are you going?' I take a moment and then say, "I've been invited to a gathering,"

As I walk to my car, I realize something very ominously, I knew Felicia's fiancé. Her name was Keisha, Booker's ex-wife was named Keisha. I'm going to Keisha's and my worker's wedding. I smile as I realize something as small as this got past me, mostly because the last accountant I had in charge made a mistake with my money. He remembers it very well now especially since he only has a nub. Once I made the mistake apparent, the next accountant, Felicia was proven to be a good woman.

She also helped me out in several ways with my finances which is why she's held in such high esteem. It's funny what you can do with people especially if you take time to get to know them. "Thank you, Miss Felicia," I said. 'You're welcome, Miss Maria,' I smile as I leave. She's gonna be surprised when she sees me later. As I leave my store, I hurry to my car. I found myself, realizing I had more time than I thought and I decided to wait. As I wait, I look at my phone, going through all of my business texts.

Kevin let me know the matter was closed was perfect. As I make my way back to Booker, I see him looking good. I recognize the smell of a good cologne that I bought and I see him, smiling as he was wearing an expensive suit, a suit that cost 700 dollars and he was wearing it as if it cost me a million. I kiss him on the cheek as I say, "It's time to go," We go out for a nice lunch as we know the wedding isn't for a few more hours, a few more hours of waiting, a few more hours of everything. A few more hours until I surprised both my worker and Keisha, I think about how Keisha had hurt this man so heavily. She did it and it was so easy for her yet it was never easy for me.