Chapter 59: Real Love

~~~Booker

"Are you sure you want to get married?" I couldn't just say yes, because I want to hear what she had to say. It's then that she put her head down and said 'Just say no if you don't want to stay with me.' The truth is I want to stay with her, I want to love her endlessly yet I'm afraid. I'm afraid because I know I want to love her, I know I want to be happy. It's then that I ask her, "Are you ever going to lie to me again?"

She looks at me with the softest face and says, 'No, I'll never lie to you. I'm sorry I lied to you before. I'm sorry I hurt you before and I want you to be honest with me. I'll tell the truth, I won't lie to you and I'll always be with you.' "Alright Maria, then let's get married. Let's spend the rest of our lives together."

With one kiss, she then says, 'I love you and I want you to love me for everything I've done, for all my faults. I want you to spend the rest of your life with me and I promise that I'll be more honest with you.' As I hear her say that, I knew exactly how I felt, and that moment of her saying that our choices pulled us into a new direction, and because of this, I knew we had to work on ourselves more.

It was then that I said to her, "Then let's spend a week together." Her eyes widened as she said, 'Are you sure?' I smile as I say, "Never been more. Let's spend a week together. Let's put our lives on hold so we can help each other  and we can make each other comfortable." As I say that to her, her eyes light up. 'Are you sure? What if you change your mind? What if you're not happy?'

At that moment, I kissed her to let her know she was my world and to let her know she was important.

~~~Day 1: Maria

I didn't know how to react to what he said but I was also excited for what he said. He wanted us to date each other and court each other in a healthier way. Hearing him say this made me wonder. Was I ready for this? Was I ready to fall in love again? That was something I had to ask myself. He loves me with every fiber of his being and I had to love myself enough to love him.

That was a complicated thing because I'd never allowed myself to fully tell him the truth and now, we were about to spend one week of love quarantining in order to prove our love to each other. I can't believe he made such a tacky term but I found myself, blushing and wondering.

Could I do this? and then I reassured myself, I could do this. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this man because he is the only man I want. He's the only man I want to spend the rest of my life with. As we were about to love quarantine, I found myself, ready for the challenge because I was proving to him that I loved him and that he is the best man to me.

The moment I thought that I felt my heart skip a beat. Was I really prepared for this? Yes, I was and then I heard him say, 'Banana bread's ready.' As he says this, I found myself, happy to eat our first dinner meal together. We were about to go on our first unofficial date at my house and I was not ready, I was not ready to be with him but I made myself get ready.

As I put on my eyeliner and put on a dress, I found myself, ready to meet him and as I met him, I kissed him. He pulled out my chair and I sat in my beautiful red dress. It was time for us to spend our first date together. "How was your day?" I ask him. He smiles as he says, 'Everything's going good. After I told you what we planned on doing, I wanted to tell some of the workers that I recently hired that I was going on vacation for a week. Now the only reason we should have to leave is to grab some food or to run errands.' He says to me.

I smile as I say, "Yes and I did the same. I have up to two weeks of free time but I think one week should be fine." As I say this to him, he then says, 'How is work treating you?' "It's been stressful, especially since the incident" I see his face grimace a bit as he says, 'Yes, I understand that, and to be honest with you, I'm glad your organization is understanding. It seems to be more organized than most things I've seen.'