Chapter 40: Passionate Lovers

~~~Booker

"I need you to be honest with me. Like really honest," I say in a stern tone. She looks at me, I can see the look in her eyes and I take my time as I start speaking my mind. "When you left, were you considering leaving me?" I wrote a list in my mind of questions I wanted to ask her and they stayed fresh in my mind unlike all of the drivel that was there before. She looks at me, surprised and then insulted. It's then that I see it in her eyes she was deeply insulted by what I asked her. 'Why would I ever want to leave you?' She says with a serious voice, 'You're the only man I've taken seriously for this long,' There was a weight lifted off my chest when she said that, it meant she really loved me.

'I love you, Booker. I always have. You're the only man that is for me if you can believe me,' She then reaches for my hand and I want to take it but I want to push myself to stop. I can't take every little bit of affection that's offered to me. The frown on her face was apparent, "I'm sorry but I still need more answers from you," My eyes focused on her as I said, "I have a lot of questions that need answering, Maria and until I get some answers, I can't imagine seeing you in the same light," She nods as she says, 'Okay, I understand,' As I keep talking, I then ask her another question. She already eliminated two of them but I still had to ask, "Did you cheat on me when you were gone?" It's then that I feel a hard smack against my face, 'How dare you,' she says.

I rub my cheek and she then says, 'I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hit you like that but how dare you accuse me of something like that,' "I'm sorry but I need you to answer the question," I say, standing my ground. It's then that she says: 'No, I would never cheat on you and you know this. I know I was gone for almost a month but you don't need to accuse me of something so low. If I was unhappy with you Booker, I would've just left. Never mind cheating on you, a good man. Haven't you suffered enough?' she says. I could tell she was offended by the questions, but I stand my ground and say: "Answer the questions. You've been gone for almost a month and I'm tired of people leaving me," Her face turned from anger to understanding in mere moments.

I was going to ask her how much money she had, but I realized that would be offensive. I was not that kind of man and I would not pretend. "Maria, how much power do you really control?" I say to her. Her eyes widen and it was then that I feared, she tried to be offended but quickly stopped herself. 'My father died,' she said, calmly, 'And I haven't been completely honest with you in a lot of areas. I am one of the richest women in the state, my value capping off at 4 million dollars in gross property execute,'

She then grabs her phone and unlocks it, her hands shaking. 'I didn't want to show you this but it's time for me to be honest with you. We've been together for almost a year. I was going to wait until we were married but I think you deserve to know the truth,' It's then that I see something, something that made me think about everything she was doing. It was the money, this woman wasn't just rich. She could live her entire life lavishly and still not spend close to everything in that account. I close it out and say, "So, that's why you wanted a prenup?" Tears begin to fall out of her eyes, 'I didn't want to show you the money because people have always used me for my money. I was just some dumb rich girl to some men but you saw me as more than a rich girl. You saw me as a queen and Booker, please tell me this money isn't gonna change us, isn't gonna change you. You're a good man and I don't want it to change you,'

It's then that I felt insulted but I stopped myself, "Money has been a driving force in my life for years up until recently. I realized life with as much money as someone like you have is comfortable but what made my life so much better was spending it with you. I don't want your money, Maria. I want you. You could lose all of your money today or tomorrow and I'd still want you, my love," Our eyes locked and then I saw it, her lips pressing closer to mine as I then say, "I couldn't restrain myself. It's been so long since I've kissed you, It's been so long since I've held you, my love. So long because I thought you were gone," I say to her. Tears begin to stream down her face even more and now that I think about it, this is the first time I've seen her cry.

'I love you,' she says, 'And I'm glad you said that,' I pick her up and I want to ask the rest of the questions, but my other head is thinking for me and what it's saying is have your way with your woman, remind her who you are and remind her who's in charge, show her the beast that you've held back for years. As our lips get closer again, I kiss her and I carry her to her room, She says, 'Booker, I thought this was a serious-' "Shut up, you're mine tonight," I say, interrupting her. 'Yes Papi,' she says and I already knew I was in control. She always gave me that, she exposed her neck to me and I began to kiss on it, sucking on it and listening to her soft moans.

I begin to feel my pants sliding down my leg as she unbuckles them and starts playing with my shaft. 'Make love to me, Mr. Johnson,' I hear her say in a soft voice and that's when I pick her up and put her on the mattress. I put my left hand on her wrists as I slide it in. She was instantly leg-locking me and I took deep and passionate strokes inside of her. I kiss her and hear her whispering daddy in my ear as I'm making love to her. 'Please don't stop. I've been aching for you for a long time,' she says to me. As I continue to make love to her, I hear her soft moans and I feel her legs getting tighter and tighter around. I also realize something, I don't think she was on her safe day.

'It's so deep,' I hear her say to me. I ignore my better judgment and we keep going. It's then that she wraps her arms around me as she says, 'I know today's not my safe day, my love. I still want to have a child with you,' What happened after that made me realize I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this woman. I began to keep making love to her until I felt myself about to release, we were changing positions frequently and at that moment, I knew it was over. By the time we finished, I saw her eyes look at me lustfully, 'That was the best sex I ever had, Booker,' I heard her whisper in my ear.

At that moment, I realized what I did and I felt guilty. It's then that I said to her: "Are you sure?" She smiles and says, 'I may have been raised Catholic but do you really think I didn't have birth control, Booker?' I blush as I say, "What?" 'I was in the moment,' she says with a smile, 'Can you blame me?' I smile and say, 'No, I can't. I loved every moment of it,"

End of Chapter: Passionate Lovers