20.) Rude Interruptions

I found myself questioning everything, I shouldn't have gotten upset with my son like that. I was so upset with myself, but the problem was my son needed to know that would he did was not okay. His mother really did a number on him, what could she have said to them that makes them think that I am such a monster? All I wanted for them was for them to be better people, I wanted them to be better than us.

Knowing that his mother had it out for me was the most enraging part. She knew how to push my buttons she knew how to get under my skin, I expected so much more from her yet I knew she would be the worst person she could be. I think about the wedding at Howe Maria had my back the entire time what did I do to earn such a good woman? She treated me like a good man she was and she treated me well it made me feel great when we were there.

When I first got there I wanted to leave I wanted to just stay away from Keisha and everything she did get I didn't. I didn't do it one because I wanted to support my mother and my kids in their mother even though it was something I would have been a guest at first I knew if I didn't do anything I would have let her win. Do I think it's good that I decided to cut contact with my son, Booker doesn't see me as his father and as much as I want to be there for him I don't want him to keep attacking me or the people around me.

I hope one day he can talk to me about everything, but until then all I can do is wish for the best for him. I take a deep sigh and I see Maria has to text me another Good morning with a smiley face. She always texts me and it makes me feel special every time. I wonder what I did to get such a good woman, she spent so much money on my shop and my business and she even owns it now yet she lets me run it, she lets me do everything. She said to me that it's nothing but money, my love. If it makes you happy, I'll buy it for you but I've had a nagging feeling for a while. if she's so rich, why is she with a man like me? If she has so much potential, why is she with an old man like me?

Maybe I shouldn't have said that to her, I think to myself. Much as I would love to spend the rest of my life with her, maybe I shouldn't be trying to rob that from a young lady like her. She deserves better and I don't want her to think that she has to be married to me because I don't want her money and I should let her know that. I want her to know that I want her to be happy. Everything she's done for me is great but I don't want her money, I want her love and I found myself, blushing at the thought.

Did I really deserve to be loved again, to be happy? 'Hey Mr. B,' I snap back to the reality of my shop and I remember Paul being promoted to a full-time supervisor. My store had three people working in it now, I had three more people: Paul, Jeff, Mike, and Gregor. It was surprising to see that Gregor wanted another job other than being a chauffeur. He said he gets paid good money but he's always had a passion for baking and I believe him with how well he makes the bread.

Also with him and Paul around, it allows me to trust them both with the money around. Maria spoke up for him and I believe her. Also what reason would he have to steal from me? He wasn't struggling and he had all the money he needed. It was nice to have peace of mind and the fact that I didn't have to spend so much time at the shop meant I could spend more time with Maria though I finally noticed how busy she is. She does so much in her free time, it showed me how busy she really was.

We spend a couple of days together and then she's usually busy for about two or three. She texts and calls a lot but she hardly ever comes over on those days. It seems like whatever she has going on is either money-related or business-related. I guess I can't knock a woman who is ambitious though I can't help but to want to work more on myself. The fact that Belle has decided to stay with me permanently has also left me worried, it's not that I don't trust my own daughter. It's just that I know she's close to her brother and to see her brother do all of this must-have made her worry about him.