24.) Humbled

~~~Keisha

"Please come back to me," I send her fifty messages, I don't know why I was sending so many, "I just want to talk," I say to Felicia. "What he said isn't true," I say to her in these messages over and over again. Why did Junior betray me? I was clearly the better parent yet Junior chose his father and neither one of them has come back or responded to my messages. The twins haven't texted me and I was left with my final option, I had to call Booker.

With Felicia gone, I wouldn't have money. I should be able to still get some child support from him, he hasn't gotten full custody just yet. "No, he's not going to give me money," I say, biting my thumbnail. I look at my house without my children, without anyone, and see how alone I really am. It was then that I look at my phone and search through the call log, I saw Maria. I needed to talk to her, she said Maria was her manager so I needed to talk to her.

The phone answers and I hear her moaning as they have nasty sex. I force myself to hang up, realizing that she may have answered by accident. I call again, hoping that it would go to voicemail, and instead, I hear an answer again and I hear say something and it sends me into a rage. 'Don't stop daddy,' I hang up the phone and I find myself, driving straight to Booker's house.

As I drive to Booker's apartment, I start banging on the door. I didn't know where he was but I needed to find him. Why did she have the audacity to do that? I bang on the door and I see Booker answer the door, Junior looks at me with a shocked look on his face as he tries to shut the door in my face. I put my heel in the door, "Where is your father, you little bastard?" 'He's with Miss Maria,' "I already know that but where are they?" 'Dad didn't say and it doesn't matter,' "Oh, it doesn't matter?" I say to him. "Then you don't mind if I wait,"

'Mom you need to leave,' I hear Belle speak up. "I'm not going fucking anywhere. You both are my children and you will listen to me," 'We weren't your children when you used us to hurt him,' Booker says. I smack Booker in the face and he looks at me in shock as I push my way through. Even though Booker Junior was 6 feet tall and I was only 5'4", I knew he wouldn't put his hands on me but I wanted him to know I had no problems putting my hands on him. As I sit in the house and wait, I was ready to smack Maria so hard that I knock her teeth out, that's what I was there for, to fight.

I wore sweatpants, a sports bra, and a tight-fitting shirt. My hair had been tied up and I sat and waited. "Call your dad now," I say to Belle and Booker. They both look at me and Belle says, 'No,' I rip the phone from her hand and Booker says, 'Don't touch my sister like that,' I smack Booker again and this time, I bloody his nose. I call his father's phone and it doesn't go straight to voicemail, 'What's up, Junior?" 'It's not Junior. It's your bitch of an ex-wife. Where's Maria at?" 'She's next to me, we just got out of the shower,' "Where are you?" I say to him.

'I'm on my way home now,' he says, calmly. "Good and bring your bitch of a girlfriend too," The other side of the phone was still quiet and there was silence from Booker. It's then that I say, "What? You're not man enough to talk to me?" 'No, but I will call the police,' he says to me. "You're not man enough to talk to me in person and bring your whore with you?" It's then that I hear another voice on the phone, 'I'll be there shortly,' "Maria-" and then I see the call ends.

'Mom, why are you doing this?' I hear Booker Junior ask. "Because you and your stupid-ass father ruined my life," 'Ruined your life?' Belle says, 'You lied to our father. You made us lie. We betrayed our father for cheap trinkets and lies,' Belle said. "I've given you all so much," I say to them, 'Yes at the expense of our father,' Booker says. 'You're a horrible mother, not because you raised us but because you lied,' They always finished each other sentences, they even did it now.

'How many times are we supposed to hurt our father? How many times are we supposed to hurt the people around us?' Booker Junior says. I could see the guilt on him, the money he stole, 'You used us as a means to justify what you did to him,' "Your dad cheated on me and lied," 'Give it a rest, Mom,' I hear Belle say, 'How many times do you think you're going to lie to us?' "Lie?" I say to them, "He beat me," 'Dad has never raised his hand at you a day in his life but I remember you trying to stab him,' Belle says.