25: Unexpected Visitors

~~~Booker

I look at the small box, thinking about her. I think about everything that we've been through in the last six months. Booker and Belle are on their way to turning 18 and they're about to pick their college. Keisha and Felicia have had their marriage annulled, from what it sounds like, Felicia doesn't like thieves. We did help her out though even after everything, we did help her out. With the kids about to graduate soon, everybody decided to push the vacation back until this summer coming up but there's been a nasty bug going around. I just hope that everything works out for the best.

I get up and make my move to my bakery. With everything that's happened, I'm considering opening another one. The business hasn't slowed but I don't think it's worth the extra money. I think it's best to keep it at one for now. I go and kiss Maria on her cheek as I get ready to go. Maria's decision to move us into her apartment building and my apartment were right below hers. I had more rooms and Maria came to sleep in my apartment more and more.

The only thing I didn't know is that she owned the entire complex. She keeps telling me she's just some simple rich girl but I'm not entirely sure now. Who the hell owns an entire apartment complex and doesn't rent out the rooms? That being said, she's made it very clear that she's looking for something more than just a relationship now. She's even brought up the idea of a prenup, she allows me to keep my bakery and will not pay any alimony if we were to get divorced but I don't think she understands I don't want her money, I just want her.

I want to be happy and she makes me happy. As I get ready to leave, I see her wake up and her frizzy hair. She looks at me and focuses on me with those steely grey eyes and says, 'No goodbye kiss?' I say "Of course, there is one now," I kiss her and I make my way out of the room. As I walk out of the room, I see Booker and Belle as they both look incredibly tired but are ready for school. 'Hey Dad, can I drive us to school?' I hear Belle say to me. The fear hits me hard as I then say, "Nice try. Just cause you have your learners doesn't mean you're going to drive my car. Maria has better coverage," 'I think the fuck not,' I hear her yell.

God damnit, I think to myself. 'You're not taking my car, Booker,' "No, I wasn't saying we should take your car," 'Dad, why are you lying?' Booker says. 'You need to let go of that 2004 car anyway,' "Whatever Booker," I say to him, "I could let your ass go too," 'Me?' he says, 'You ain't letting me go. Hell, I live with you,' We both laugh and we get ready to leave. As we get in the car, Maria looks at me from her window, I blow a kiss to her and I go.

I take a deep sigh and I realize how lucky I am. I have two beautiful children and I have a beautiful girlfriend who is going to be my fiancé, at least I hope. "Alright kids, it's time for your old man to take you guys to school and for me to go to work," 'Alright Dad,' I hear Booker say. I drive and take my kids to school, I guess life right now is the best it can be.

~~~Maria

I get up and take a shower, happy to finally see Booker taking off. I get ready as I turn off Do Not Disturb on my phone. As much as it's nice having Booker close to me, I can't help but think he's also put at risk because of me. I think about his soft lips meeting mine and I leave out the shower. Getting ready to go, I text Gregor to tell him to prep the car. After the last few days, I've had a couple of quiet days but I knew that wasn't going to last. I haven't heard back from Kevin and I can only imagine he's planning something.

We get ready to leave and I see something I didn't think I would see. I see Keisha, I see that she found out where I lived. I haven't said anything to her since I didn't press any charges, she's probably here to talk to Booker and doesn't know he just left. I could say nothing to her but after what's happened, I feel like she needs to have someone to talk to even if she's a piece of shit.