Chapter 43: Baby Momma Drama

~~Maria

Why does she always seem to get in the way? I find myself, asking that question over and over again. She keeps getting in my way and doing the most obnoxious things. It's then that I called O'Brian. 'Yes, Miss Maria?' He says in a calm voice. It didn't even ring twice, I think to myself.

"I need you to prep for a report." He says, 'Of course. what's the name?' "Keisha LaRay Johnson" The bitch even kept his last name, it's no matter. She'll be dealt with. It's then that he says, 'Okay. I had a feeling she would come up again so I prepared for her.' I smile and say, "Excellent." As I watch Booker go back to the bakery, I sit in the car, waiting for her to do something foolish. I think about everything that's happened, I think about how much I genuinely loved him, how much I am willing to give up for him, and then I think about my father's words.

I think about how he feels, I think about him and I think about what my father said. I think about what the High Table and I talked about before I left and they were right. He either has to go or I have to lie to him but I can't have both. If I tell the truth, I know he will shutter at what I've done and what I will do. I know that if I lie to him, he'll hate me and be even more shocked at my atrocities but I love him. I love him more than I love anything else. I love him because he makes me feel good. He makes me feel happy, he makes me feel like a woman and now, I have to wonder what I'll have to do.

It's then that I pull the security camera feeds on my phone, and shift to each camera. As I do that, I get to her, talking to Booker. I turn the audio all the way up, trying to listen to it and I hear it. 'Booker, you and I both know I don't want her around me.' 'Why do you keep pestering me about her?' 'I refuse to have a snake near you.' 'Are you serious right now?' He says to her, 'You're the one who dragged my kids into the situation, you're the one who pushed them to stay away from me yet here you are, trying to push me away from her. You always seem to find a redundant reason to talk to me. You've made my life a living hell before, what else do you want?'

It's then that she says, 'Maria is a killer. She'll kill anyone who gets in her way. Why won't you see that?' 'I don't care what you call her. To me, she's someone else. She's the woman who came into my life at one of my low points and uplifted me while you trampled me. What reason do I have to believe you?' It's then that I hear her say, 'I have proof.' "Shit shit shit," I say, cursing to myself.

We checked her, what got past us? It's then that she plays a recording, I didn't know she had a recorder. It's then that she says, 'This is my evidence.' As she begins to play it, I hear it, and then I react. No time for subtlety, no time for anything. I text O'Brian to say Initiate the plan now.

It's then that O'Brian and his partner walk into the bakery and I see a piece of paper in his hand. 'Keisha LaRay Johnson, you are under arrest.' 'What? You have no evidence?' 'No, we have plenty of evidence. You have a restraining order placed against you, you must cease and desist and leave this location immediately.' At that moment, I see the shock on her face. The audio may not be too good but this is perfect, I think to myself. Now she has to leave and I'll be having a conversation with her later.

As everything is being wrapped up and she's being forced to leave, she says, 'I still need to say something to my ex-husband.' It's then that O'Brian says, 'You must cease and desist or you can go in cuffs.' I smile as I say, "Perfect." As I calm myself, I realize how much I've accomplished, she'll never be able to stand against me, she won't be able to stop me and that's perfect. We can't afford to lose anyone.

At that moment, I realize that I need to get rid of LaKeisha. As she's going back and forth with the police officers, I get up and make my way to the building. As I take my time, I say, "She has to be dealt with." As I walk to the building, I put on the biggest act that I've had to put on in a while, I fake cried. This will be the only way I can do it without killing her but I needed more options. She needs to be gone or made a memory.

Before I walk through the door, I force myself to begin to fake cry. I sniffle my nose and I think about the most disturbing things I could think about. I think about how I killed my father and then I begin to cry. I sniffle as I begin to say, "Thank you for showing up, officer. She's so unstable. She's been attacking Booker and me with her wild accusations. I'm happy I saw you with the protective cease and desist letter I had applied for. She's gone out of her way to harass my fiancé  in a number of ways and he doesn't deserve this."

I then look right at her as I say, "She's so dangerous and unstable. I fear what she'll do next if she keeps this harassment up." 'Alright ma'am, do you have any lethal weapons on you?' I hear O'Brian ask in a deep voice. 'Or anything that might be a danger?' She says, 'No. I just came here to talk. Officer please, that woman is dangerous.' It's then that the realization comes to her that O'Brian was one of my people. I smile softly while everyone is turned away and I look at her and say in a small voice, "I got you."

It's then that she begins to comply as she says, 'Here.' As he begins to search her, he finds a recording device on her and asks, 'Are you recording evidence against this woman if something happens?' He says in a critical tone. 'No, I was just-' It's then that he says, 'Save it. I don't want you to dig yourself into a deeper hole. You need to vacate the premise immediately or I'll take you out in cuffs.'

At that moment, she sees what I've done and she knows that she can do nothing. For a second, she shows hesitation and it's then that O'Brian says, 'Since you don't want to go willing, you can go in the back of my car.' As we begin to move forward, I take pride in doing what I've done, I have to make sure Booker doesn't suffer. He doesn't have to know anything else. She says, 'No. I'll leave.' He says, 'No. You should have vacated earlier,' She begins to be escorted out of the building.

After that, I kiss Booker and I say, 'What is it, my love?" 'I think it was something important.' he says, 'It's no matter. The real question is why did you put a restraining order against her?' It's then that I say, "I was afraid of her. Do you see how small I am? I know her 5'7 stature is capable of beating me down." I was between 5'2 and 5'3, I knew this was good enough to make him question her.

As we keep talking, I say to him, "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you but she was such a danger. I didn't want to risk you or me, especially from the stories you've shared with me. She could easily do something against you, the ruffian." I say to him in a funny tone and he says, 'You're right. She hasn't been afraid to file a restraining order against me before, what would stop her now?' As I use that as leverage, I knew what had to do now. I needed to talk to her but I didn't know how yet I need to make it known that this won't be tolerated a second time.

As Booker says, 'I'm not sure I agree with you but please tell me before you do this next time.' I smile through my teary face and say, "Of course, I will. I'll do anything you want, Booker. I just don't want her to interfere with our happy life. Aren't you happy that I want us to be happy?"

I used everything I could to make him believe everything I say because I honestly don't want him to worry about this but I know she'll do everything she can to warn him and that's one thing I can't allow. I can't allow her to interfere, not on any level that she's gotten to before. Before Booker didn't have me and honestly, I'm doing him a favor by lightening his load with her. I may even be doing his kids a favor.

"Booker, can you go home without me? I'd like to talk to the officer after he drops Keisha off." He sighs as he says, "Okay. When will you be back?' "Hopefully tonight. I wanted to talk to the officer about some personal business. Hopefully, I can be done before you get back." I say to him with a smile. He then says, 'Okay. I understand.' It's then that I kiss him. As I begin to leave, I think to myself, This is twice I've had to deal with her. Hopefully, this is the last time I have had this kind of conversation with her. I would hate to have to remove her from the equation.

I had a few problems with Keisha, she was like me in a lot of ways but she had to hide behind masks and I couldn't stand women like that. I couldn't stand them because all they reminded me of all the women my father cheated on my mother with and denied it. As I begin to leave, I think about everything that has yet to happen and I send out a call.

"Hello, Gregory," I say to him. 'Yes, Miss Maria?' "I need you to grab Gregor and get ready." 'Is this a clean-up?' "No, but prepare for a clean-up."

End of Chapter: Baby Momma Drama