CHAPTER XVII

~ * ~ 

After an hour and a half spent on peeling chestnuts alone, finally, that task came to a finish. 

"We're finally done with the peeling!" Ace groans out, relieved.

"My arms hurt. . ." Deuce muttered in defeat. 

Trey chuckled at the two fiirst years as he put down the whisk he was holding. 

"Good job, your hard work will make it easier."

"I'm full just from the smell," Grim drooled. 

At this, (Y/N) took out a tissue to wipe the drool off his face and turned to her other first year friends. 

"Rest your hands, don't run them through water for a bit." 

"Got it," Ace and Deuce chorused. 

The green-haired male smiled at the non-magic user and how she seemed motherly before he carried on. 

"Next, we will mix butter and sugar into the chestnut paste then add oystet sauce, the secret ingredient."

"Oyster sauce?!" The Heartslabyul first years synced in shock. 

"Yep, the savoriness of oysters adda depth and even richness to the cream."

The third year held out the said item. 

"Here, a young oyster sauce with the walrus' seal of excellence. Famous patisserie all use this in their tarts."

Nice try, senpai, I don't buy it. The (h/c) girl thought, however, she did find this amusing. 

"Seriously. . that's a pretty saulty sauce," Deuce said.

"Even chocolate gets in curry all the time. . it might be good," Ace followed. 

The non-magic user stiffled a laugh but Trey did not. In fact, he bursted out in laughter while he looked at the two who fell for it. 

"It's a joke! Oyster sauce does not belong in sweets!"

"Screw you! You said it with a straight face!"

Trey laughed, "If you took a second to think about it, you'd fogure it out."

"Don't just accept things without a healthy amount of skepticism, better study up."

"This guy looks nice but is pretty good at lying."  The monster deadpanned, the girl cracking a smile. 

"Oi, (Y/N)! You knew?!" The ginger looked at the girl in disbelief as she nodded with that smile she had. 

"D*mn it, prefect!" 

The girl and the senior only grew more amused. 

"Next is the whip cream--ah!" Trey's eyes widened.