CHAPTER XXVI

~ * ~

~ * ~

"I just don't want to do anything. Nothing brings joy if I can't play Magift." Grim sulked as he was on the lap of (Y/N) who was scratching the back of his ears.

"You'll be able to shine some other way." The girl told the laying monster while she comforted him.

Albeit it was a few hours ago, the creature on her lap still dwelled on with being unable to play. Supper for the two will not be long, it is in an hour in fact.

Even so, food was not enough for him.

Hearing the monster's words, the ghosts went over.

"What's up, Grimmy boy? What's got your fur like this in a bunch?" Casper, the small one out of all of them, asked.

"He's pouting 'cause they're not letting him play even one round in Magical Shift. Hee hee hee!" Francis let out a giggle, the chubby one out of the three.

"If you wanna play that bad, we'll go against you," the skinny one whose name was Hyde, offered to him.

"We were those from ninety years ago who drove the crowd wild!"

Still, the creature sulked.

"We need a team of seven, right?" Grim spoke.

"Doesn't matter, it's not official! Let's go!" Casper told the monster, encouraging him as (Y/N) agreed to the specter's proposal.

"At least you'll get to experience it, with pros too," the girl persuaded.

Hearing the specters and the magicless being speak on and on about how he could experience it, the little creature contemplated on it.

In the end, he accepted.

"Fine, the Great Grim will do it!" Grim settled.

The game of Magical Shift took place in Ramshackle still but in the backyard. It was impromotu but on the monster's side, he did not mind.

With the way of winning points, the objective was on taking the disk and shooting it through the goal. The one with the disk, of course, will be chased for it.

Francis, Casper, and Hyde were truly not easy to take on as opponents. Every time Grim went closer, there, at least one ghost would be in front of him. It was no easy feat on keeping control on the disk as well.

Despite those, they all had a great game.

As Grim was resting himself on the ground, he along with (Y/N) heard the incoming footsteps of Crowley.

"Hello everyone, are you playing Magift?" He asked.

Grim scoffed, "Always bringing down the room he is."