CHAPTER XIV

~ * ~

~ * ~

The group of friends' first class was Potions, so they all wore their lab coats. Luckily, all of them managed to arrive in class five minutes early, also meaning the teacher was not present yet.

"Hey (Y/N), the headmaster gave you a notebook for your classes too, right?" Deuce asked the girl, taking out his own along with a textbook.

The (e/c) girl nodded, unzipping her black bag given to her by the dean.

"He said he did with the other things I need." The girl rummaged her bag to take out her textbook, finding a pleasant surprise which was a pack of notebooks.

"Oh good, you have your notebook too. We need one every quarter." The blue-haired male noticed.

"I have five, aren't there four quarters?" (Y/N) asked.

"Guess you have an extra," Ace shrugged as the non-magic user's eyes lit up, ripping off the plastic of the notebooks.

"I have one I can use!" She beamed, growing happier when she found a beautiful set of pens as well.

Is this Christmas?

"You're getting happy over those?" The ginger-haired male laughed at the magicless being.

"You can do a lot of things with paper, Ace." The girl gave him a pointed look.

"You can do origami with it, you can draw on it, and a lot more. In my case, I can write on it!"

"You write?" Grim asked the girl.

"Yes, I do! I write stories that I came up with, lyrics of a song I composed, poems, and articles back when I was in my old school," she went off.

"You seem really passionate about it," the blue-eyed male commented.

"Yes, I've been writing for years now," (Y/N) smiled.

The blue-eyes male smiled, finding the happiness of hers contagious and was about to open his mouth to speak but was interrupted by footsteps echoing in the classroom.

"So you all are the fresh faces in my classroom," a deep voice spoke, causing the students to look up.

The newcomer was a handsome man with the black part of his hair parted to the right while the white at the left. He has blue eyes, his outfit a suit with a fur coat draping over it.

"Hmm, there are some rare hair colors in this batch. Not bad, make sure to take proper care of it daily," he mused, turning to the (h/c) girl's direction.

"You must be the puppy the headmaster told me of. I do hope you will not wind up with the troublesome puppies that don't know how to stay." He said, a nod (an unsure one) from the girl as a reply.

"My name is Divus Crewel. You may feel free to call me Master Crewel. Now, take your seats, class will begin."

"First, for the basics. I will beat the names and even the appearances of one hundred types of medicines and poisons into your little brains." He brought out a teacher's pointer with a red collar and a jewel charm attached at its end.