PROLOGUE

| The banners are made by @Juni_Penguin_ |

Prior to proceeding, please skip to the Author's Note in the table of contents then return to this prologue.

If is is clear you have not followed, do expect me to call you out on such.

WARNING!

There are mentions of depression present.

~ * ~

~ * ~

Once upon a time. . .

And they lived happily ever after. . .

These phrases are often found in fairytales.

Is is not because those words are simply in the stories that we hear as a child? Happy endings are a must, for dreams come true. Besides, children cannot bear the thought of the princess not living happily in the end.

Did the gods think it was this young girl's turn then? Is that why she was asked if she were to take the chance of being able to have her own fairytale?

"What did you do to deserve this?!" (Y/N) cried in agony as her tears fell on the hospital bed she and her parents were sitting on.

(M/N) was about to tell her about her husband's condition followed by a visit in the psychiatric ward he was in. That is, only to walk in on her daughter holding her father's diary that recorded everything as the child sobbed.

"Please tell me, what should I do to help, so I can be there for you this time? I'll do anything, I just don't want you to get hurt like this again!"

The two parents' hearts ached at the sight of their daughter pleading and begging for her anything she can do to help rid of her father's pain. They knew something like this was to be expected. However, when their child was desperate to be the hero this time, but could barely save anyone at this moment was heart-wrenching.

The girl and her mother asked why, cursed the world for making the man in their lives suffer from the torment of his own mind. Even so, it gave no answer and it seemed like it wanted to drill it into their heads that it was their fault.

"Thank you, sweetheart." (D/N) wiped his child's tears with his thumb and smiled through the tears of his own. "I'm really, really sorry too."

"If only your dad was strong enough."

"Don't say that, (D/N). You took the step to receive treatment, didn't you? You're the strongest man I know, (Y/N) agrees too." (M/N) counseled and wrapped her arms around the them as the two did the same.

If only that was the end of it.

"Hey, can you like, stop being so miserable for once?" A girl with amber hair and brown eyes frowned as the other girls behind her did the same.

"I just need someone to talk to. You don't need to say anything, I just need an ear." (Y/N) explained, but their expressions showed hat they did not want to hear it.

"You weren't like this before, (Y/N). You said that you were getting tired of a lot of things, so are you getting tired of us too, your friends?" The amber-haired girl asked, her eyes fixed into a challenging stare.

"I'm. . I'm not saying that--"

"Good," the brown-eyed girl cut off as her lips curved into a triumphant smile before clinging onto the (h/c) girl's arm. "Come on, let's go."

None of them listened to her even once, but the girl did anyway. They were toxic in her life, yes, but was she desperate.

Even if I'm getting better, even if my mom's feeling more at ease, even if my dad's getting happier, I still barely had anyone outside my home.

I just want to be in a place like home.

"Your answer has been heard beyond the door." The voice from the other side of the mirror said as the chains tightened around the girl's wrists and ankles and pulled her towards the looking glass.

"I already answered your question! What do you want from me?!" (Y/N) asks in an angered and frightened tone, not being able to compose herself any longer.

"Those who are guided by the dark mirror, as long as your heart desires, take thy hand that appears in the mirror." The voice carried on, paying her no mind as a hand reached out from the other side.

The chain wrapped around her wrist was yanked to the stretched palm's direction and had her hand placed atop the other. And so, the hand intertwined with hers, the glass' voidness then morphing into the scenery of a dark forest.

"Welcome to your fairytale in Twisted Wonderland."

- - -

- - -

First of all, thank you for giving my book a chance. Allow me to clarify something though.

As you saw in the title, a part of it says, "Twisted Wonderland x Reader".

However, not everyone will be included in the reverse harem, only the dorm leaders. I only wrote that part to show what fandom I am writing for.

That's all and see you next time!