CHAPTER XVIII

~ * ~

~ * ~

"Finally, we can dust the top with powdered sugar at last." Trey smiled, doing it as Ace and Grim cheered.

"Finished!"

"Finished. . ."

The dejected one who followed was none other than Deuce who was still not over the fact revealed about chickens.

"Did something happen while both of you went to do the shopping?" The ginger-haired male asked.

"Just leave him be," (Y/N) advised.

"For sixteen years, I believed that. . ." The blue-haired male trailed off under his breath.

In my sixteen years of life, I never thought I would be caught in this situation. The (h/c) girl thought, really, she could not help but feel a bit guilty telling him the truth now.

"Making sweets takes so much time, I'm exhausted. . ." The red-eyed male slouched on his chair.

"Good work~!" Cater smiled, entering the kitchen as he approached the group.

"Is the tart finished? The decorations are so cute! It is totally magicamegramable!" He praised and took out his phone.

"Let me take a pic!"

"Ah!" The red-eyed first year exclaims, shocked when the camera flashed.

"What'd you come here for?"

"I came to check on my cute underclassmen that are working so hard." The cheerful third year laughed.

"You look beat!"

"Things you aren't used to doing tire you out quickly so when tired, you need to eat sweets." The golden-eyed male said.

"Go ahead and try the mont blanc we made."

"Yay!" The group cheered as the beast tamer smiled, walking over to the table with the group.

"Cater-senpai, did you come here only to eat the tart or what?" The ginger-haired magician deadpanned.

"You can think of me as the taste tester." The green-eyed senior smiled.

The creature wagged his tail, his blue eyes sparkling at the dessert before him as the girl took a slice of it for her and Grim.

"It smells so deliciously sweet! The chestnuts on top are glossy while the cream underneath is fluffy! Let's dig in!"

"Holy crap!" Ace exclaimed in pleasant surprise.

"So good!" The cheerful senior followed.

"Amazing, it's like those in stores. . ." The blue-haired first year commented next.