Chapter 35

I know it's been too long. I know how I want the story to end, but it's taking me awhile to get there. I do want there to be some kind of sequel....or spinoffs.....but, for right now, I want to focus on finishing this and beginning Hannah's Story. Hopefully, a few more chapters will wrap this story up.

Pic is of a distraught Ellie.....worried about the future.

************************************************************************************************************

DREW

"I want to marry her," I said, as I sat on the sofa trying to convince my mother that marrying Emily was a good idea.

"You're only seventeen," she said, looking at me uneasily.

"I'll be eighteen in February," I said.

"You have your whole life in front of you," she said, sitting down in the chair across from me. "You haven't even graduated from high school yet!"

"I want to spend my whole life with her," I said.

"What if she doesn't want to spend hers with you? Or what if she isn't sure?" she asked.

"Then I'll wait and ask her again in a few years," I said.

"I don't know. I think this is something you should take more time to think about," she said. "What if you scare her away?"

"I've been thinking about it since Em almost died. There's something about realizng that the person you love could possibly die that makes you value every second of life. I didn't know what I was going to do without her. I know it seems really weird because you're not in my place, but I know this is the right thing to do. I'm not just some lovesick kid," I said.

"I don't know. It is your life, but as someone who was once seventeen, I strongly advise against it," she said. "If I would have married the guy I was dating when I was seventeen, I'd be living in Australia now. I wouldn't have you."

"I know we've only been dating for a few months, but I've known her my whole life. I loved her when we were kids. I almost asked her out when I asked Ellie out. I'm pretty sure there's no one else out there like her. I need Emily. I knew that in the moments that I thought I'd lost her. This isn't just some school boy crush gone haywire. I know what I'm doing," I said.

"What do you suppose you'll do for money?" she asked me.

"I could get a job, and Em probably would, too. There are alot of people who work and go to college," I said.

"I'm pretty sure they aren't supporting themselves while working, though," she said.

"So, what you're saying is that if I marry Em, you'll cut off my money?" I asked.

My parents gave me a pretty hefty allowance each week. All that I had to do was keep my grades up and stay out of trouble. I also had to load the dishwasher and take out the garbage when it needed to be done. Trust me, though, they paid me well.

"I didn't say that. It's just that if you decide to get married, I think it would be best to try to make it on your own," she said.

"Oh," I said.

"You'll have your trust fund from your grandparents when you turn twenty-one," she said. "Maybe you should wait until then?"

"I want to marry her now. We'll just have to make it somehow," I said.

"See what your father says. After all, my parents aren't the only ones that can give you money," she said.

"Okay," I said. "I'm marrying her regardless."