Epilogue: Part 3

Here is the last chapter of ATHF. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if I goofed anywhere.

Pic is Em when she comes out of the bathroom.

***************

DREW

By the time we got to our apartment, I was chomping at the bit to finally share this moment with Em. I couldn't believe we'd actually gotten married. I wondered if we'd ever spill the secret that we were married before our "public" wedding. Right now, all I cared about was getting my bride up to bed. I had been waiting for what seemed like forever.

When we approached the door to our place, I hesitated.

"What are you waiting for?" Em asked, looking as anxious as I felt.

"Well, I should carry you over the threshold," I said.

"Um, that's corny," she said. "Plus, I don't want you injured before we get to have some fun."

"That does it, Emily, I'm carrying you, no matter what you say!" I said, slightly angry at her for putting herself down.

I unlocked the door, and she started to open it. I knew where this was going, but I was going to beat her to the punch. I grabbed her wrist and looked into her eyes.

"Not so fast," I said, smiling.

"Drew! Seriously. I'm just being realistic. I want your back in perfect working condition," she said.

"I guess you think that I'm not strong enough? What an insult!" I shot back playfully.

I left the door open from Em's attempt to ruin my romantic gesture, then put my right arm under Em's arms and around her shoulders. I bent my knees and used my left arm to lift her at the knees. I stood up, lifting her with some effort.

"See? I'm too heavy," she said.

"You are not too heavy. You're just right," I said. I wasn't lying. I was able to lift her without worrying about hurting myself, no matter what she thought.

We walked over the threshhold, and she kicked the door shut. We laughed.

"See, Debbie Downer?" I said. "We made it."

I moved my face closer to hers, and we kissed. I couldn't help but let the kiss intensify, and I was suddenly losing my balance. We both tumbled onto the couch, Em on top of me.

"Don't say anything. Let's just get over to the bed," I said, hoping she didn't attribute us falling to her weight.

"Okay," she said, getting off of me. "Stay here for a few minutes. I have a surprise."

"Oooh, kinky," I said.

She slapped me playfully on the back of the head.

"Don't get your hopes up," she said. "I'll let you know when to close your eyes."

"Okay, Dear," I said.

While she was in the bathroom, I waited impatiently on the couch. I took off my belt and unzipped my pants. Then, when I felt uncomfortable like that, I took my pants off, folded them, and put them in the dresser drawer. Em and I had a fight once about clothes being strewn around the house, and I didn't want anything to keep her from focusing on our lovemaking tonight. I also unbuttoned my shirt, put it on the hanger, and placed it in the closet. I had only worn the outfit for about six hours. I figured I could wear it another time before washing it.

About ten minutes afterward, Em emerged. I'm pretty sure my mouth was hanging open. She had on a dark pink bra and hi cut panties to match. She had a black mesh dress over it. It was typical Em, covering herself more than necessary, but that was okay. I could see what I wanted to see, and I was more than ready to take those clothes off. Her hair was down and wild looking, just how I liked it.