Chapter 14

Sorry for the delay.  A couple of things held me up.  I hope you like it.  :-)

The pic on the right is just an example of what happened with Ellie during the party. 

*********************************************************************************************************************

DREW

I called Elise, and listened to her Haim ringback tone, Forever. Not long afterward, she answered.

"Hello?" she said.

"Hey, there, Leesy," I responded.

"Drew! What's up, Little Brother?" she asked. I could tell she was smiling.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about something. I need your honest opinion," I exclaimed.

She laughed. "I don't know how much help I'll be to you, but I'm up for the challenge," she stated.

"It's about Em Martin," I began.

"She's staying with you, right?" Leesy questioned.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I know it's off topic, but did you happen to have a party there last night?" she asked.

Whoa. How did she know? "Um, yeah," I answered sheepishly. "How did you know?"

"Someone I know mentioned it, I was just wondering," she commented.

"Everything is fine," I said. "Em cleaned up everything. Well, Adam cleaned our bathroom, and Em did all the rest. Long story," I rambled, not wanting to talk about Em more than necessary.

"Adam was there, then? I mean, not like it matters," she said, sounding self-conscious.

"Yeah, he was here. He had a little too much to drink," I added.

"Oh no! I guess he's okay now, since you said he cleaned the bathroom," she mentioned.

"What's with the twenty questions about Naysmith? You got a thing for him or something?" I teased.

"Shut up," my sister responded. "I was just asking questions. You're the one who threw the party. What did you want to talk about, anyhow?"

"I can't stop thinking about Em Martin. At first, it was because she hated me. Then, it was because we were friends. I even set her up with Jake Francis, and they seem really happy together, which now annoys me because when I kissed her last night, it felt amazing. I almost slept with Ellie, but things didn't go as planned, and when things happened with me, I said Em's name, Em's! Justin Martin and Mike think I like her, but I'm dating Ellie. I love Ellie, but I am definitely attracted to Em, and I can't stop thinking about kissing her. Help me!" I rambled.

Silence met me from the other end.

"Leese, are you there?" I asked, worried she hadn't heard my rant.

"Wow!" she replied. "Does my little brother have a crush on my best friend? Tell me more."

Now it was my turn to be silent.

"Drew?" she questioned.

"I'm here," I responded sullenly. "I can't love her!"

"Whoa! I didn't say you loved her. Although...." she stated.

"She's my girlfriend's twin sister!" I exclaimed.

"Can you slow down your recap and tell me again?"

"Yeah," I answered, as I gave her the details.

Once I had finished, she said, "You never mentioned her weight once. I think that you certainly feel something for her. You always included words that meant 'fat' in any comments about her before. No wonder, though. You were all but brainwashed by that skinny bimbo you're dating. She's always putting Em down."