Chapter 12B

Hi! I'm sorry that it took me longer than expected to update, but it wasn't for lack of trying. This chapter is one of my longest, I think. It is also packed with excitement. Don't let me keep you from it any longer. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for reading!!

*********************************************************************************************************************

DREW

I went to see what Mike was doing. I was glad that Adam had interrupted us. Even though my mind knew better, my body sometimes got caught up in the heat of the moment, and begged me to take it to the next level. It was funny, though. Lately, it had been taking longer and longer for my body to reach that point. Something was definitely going on. I just couldn't figure out what.

I found Mike in our family room, surrounded by a huge circle of people. What was he up to?

I walked up to him and asked, "Adam said you needed me?"

"Yeah, " he said. "You're our first contestant."

Everyone standing in the circle began to cheer. I was still confused as to what was happening.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"We're playing our own version of seven minutes in heaven meets spin the bottle, and you've been chosen to be the first one up to bat, so to speak," he explained.

"So, where's the bottle? Where's the closet?" I asked him, getting angry.

"Well, you'll be kissing in the center of the circle, with plenty of spectators to cheer you on," he stated.

"Okay, that's fine," I said, just wanting to get this stupidity over with. I had other things with which to contend.

"Aren't you wondering who you're going to kiss?" he asked snidely.

"I don't really care at this point. I was in the middle of something when you called me here, I'd really like to get back to it," I replied, even though facing Ellie was probably less fun than this.

"Oh, you're going to love it," he commented. "I don't think she knows she's playing, either. She's right over there, though, so I'll just be a second."

He took off into the next room, and came back with.....Em? What was he doing?

"You see, we're matching the Family Consumer Science partners that are in attendance, and having them kiss in our circle. Just think of it as my own brand of compatibility test," he sneered.

"Mike, I really don't think this is necessary. Can't we play your game, but have willing participants put their name in a hat or something?" I suggested.

"Nah. I like my game better this way," he said. Then, he turned to his captive audience. "Which one do you like better? Mine or Drew's?"

They all shouted, "Yours!" in unison.

I'm pretty sure he brainwashed them somehow. How on earth did they think this was a good idea? It was pretty dumb. All of the sudden, it dawned on me that Emily was being dragged into this as well. I looked at her, and she looked nervous. She was fidgeting where she stood, as if she wanted to run, but was too determined to tough it out. She was biting her lower lip, and I couldn't seem to look away. I had to admit that, even though I didn't want to go through with this, kissing her wasn't exactly the worst part of the situation. When I'd imagined kissing her, it had always taken place in a much more private setting. Wait a minute. What was I talking about? I had no reason for kissing my girlfriend's sister, no matter how inviting her lips might look. Ugh. What was happening to me?