Chapter 11: Supply run gone wrong

(Normal pov)

Bjarke the Bear stood at the bridge of his ship, The Ravager, the men under his command were all manning their stations and preparing were making their way towards the Northern Market yet again to acquire more supplies for their attack on a dragon nest located near a mountain range called Freyja's Bosom, due to two mountains resembling a woman's own bosom. This attack would draw out numerous dragon species to both kill and capture, but also to lure out the dragon rider and make a fortune. Despite being denied the opportunity to join Matron Maeve's special asset in dealing with the dragon rider, Bjarke knew that when the time came, he'd get the payback he deserved, and he was looking forward to.

"Sir! The Northern Market is dead ahead!"

Looking towards the horizon, Bjarke grunted in acknowledgment and then summoned all his men to the deck of his ship so that he could address them. Once everybody was present and accounted for, Bjarke boomed out.

"Brothers! Today we continue to prepare for our inevitable attack on the dragon nest located in Freyja's Bosom, it is an attack that is meant to draw out that infernal dragon rider so that Matron Maeve could deploy her special asset to follow her back to where she lives. We must have patience, when the dragon rider is routed out, we will all exact our revenge against her for killing countless brothers and friends of ours, making us all look like fools, and for tainting our dignity and pride! But for now, we must be patient and follow Matron Maeve's lead, for the time being. Once we dock, I want men asking if anyone has seen or encountered the dragon rider, every little bit of information may help us, and I want everyone to remain focused and on task; if anyone wanders off to a brothel to wet their cocks or to get drunk, I'll find you and see to it that you're punished for putting your own desires above our priorities. Am I understood?"

"Aye, sir!"

Bjarke grunted in contentment. "Good, now ready yourselves, we're approaching the harbor," the large man then added, "let's get this over with, I have other matters to attend to back home."

(Hiccup's pov)

"I know you'd like to stay by my side bud, but you know I won't allow yourself to be captured or killed by the cesspool of scum, mercenaries, and killers here," I said to my scaly companion, "just stay here with Cloudjumper, stay out of trouble, and we'll see you soon." Toothless grumbled but let out a huff of understanding, causing me to chuckle lightly.

Turning to Valka, I had the chance to once again take in her appearance, I adored her attire. She was wearing a sunset orange dress though because of the encroaching winter she was wearing her thick winter coat and draped her fur laced hood over her head, she also wore silver wolf crescent moon earrings, and her wolf fur laced boots.

As always, Valka was a sight to behold.

She then approached me and fixed my own winter coat while also throwing on my fur-laced hoodie over my head, causing me to snort in amusement.

"I appreciate the help," I said sarcastically, "even though I could've done that myself."

Valka threw me a playful smile and then gestured to the market beyond the forest. "Come, we have much to acquire," she then took my hand and led me to through the forest, not that I minded, whenever she touched me, it felt like my skin was set ablaze. "we on guard, the Northern Market is known to have rather nasty creatures."

"If by creatures you're referring to the cutthroats, scumbags, and killers then I agree," the young man added, "I've been here multiple times to purchase forging tools, thick fur blankets, and Icelandic cod for Toothless."

Humming in acknowledgment, Valka continued to lead us through the forest until we laid eyes on the backside of many establishments. Once out of the forest, we walked through the alleyways between the establishments and soon entered a sea of people of all races, cultures, and languages all up and about. As we blended in with the crowd, I noted how Valka's grip on my hand tightened, no doubt she wanted to stay close and not get separated, or maybe... it was something else.