Chapter 15: Rapture

A/N: I know what you're thinking. How is Valka pregnant already? Let's just say the gods favor their union, that, and Hiccup's seed packs a punch. Anyway, onwards!

(Hiccup's pov)

"Y-You're... pregnant?!"

Valka nodded in confirmation, she looked anxious and I could see fear in her eyes. She was rubbing her arm and refused to look me in the eyes, causing me to gently cup her cheeks so she could look at me. Tears swelled within her eyes, threatening to spill down her cheeks, seeing her in such a state made me frown.

"Why the tears? Are you... assuming that I don't want children?"

Valka shrugged as hot tears streamed down her cheeks, I quickly wiped them away with the pad of my thumbs and pulled my mother into a warm embrace. The feral woman then murmured in my ear. "I... I didn't expect to be pregnant so fast," she then continued, "I don't believe any woman on Midgard has been pregnant the day after they had sex with their man."

"Well, perhaps this is a sign the gods favor us," I said softly while pulling away from our embrace to look Valka in the eyes, "after all, we were fated to come together, this shows that the gods wish to bless us with abundant joy and peace," I then continued with a warm smile, "raising my children, as well as siblings with you would be the greatest honor of my life Valka, all I want is for you to be happy—"

"I am! Gods Hiccup, I am happy, you make me happy," Valka reassured while taking hold of my hands in her own, "it's just... we aren't exactly equipped to have children."

"We've got time and allies to help us with that when the time comes," I said with a reassuring smile, "but the thought of you carrying my child within your womb is... gods, it makes my heart soar with joy." Kneeling before the woman I loved, I pressed my forehead to her still flat belly and press a kiss there. "I'm going to be a father," a disbelieving chuckle left my lips as I nuzzle into Valka's belly, "after a lifetime of pain, suffering, and rejection, the gods grant me respite and bless me with a family." Looking up at Valka, I could see her face twisted with ease and joy; a warm smile graced her face as she then helped me to my feet and we merely held each other's loving gaze.

"I have no words."

"None are required," I reassured her while pressing my forehead against her own, "I love you Valka, and whatever adversities and joys we face in the future, we'll face them together." Tears once more spilled from her eyes as she wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face into the crook of my neck. I return her embrace without hesitation and lift her off her feet, causing her to shriek in surprise, but she soon began giggling as her hold around my neck grew tighter. When I had set her down on her feet again, I cupped both her cheeks and pressed my lips against her own, causing her to smile against my lips and return my kiss. Her fingers buried themselves in my hair, raking through my scalp gently, causing me to groan pleasantly.

Gods, this woman could kiss.

When the need for air was urgent, we broke apart and began panting lightly while sharing a smile and another brief, yet sweet kiss.

"Now then, should we prepare ourselves for the impending assault on Freyja's Bosom?"

Valka hummed in agreement and took my hand. "Yes, let us see our fighting skills sharpened," she then added, "we will need to prepare for all manner of scenarios and possibilities that may occur."

"Well then, we better get started."

As we made our way to the inner sanctum of the dragon nest, many of the dragons that rose from slumber descended to the mighty Bewilderbeast, paying tribute to the King of Dragons by bowing or offering the gentle giant an offering of fish which was left in a pile for the colossal dragon to take into his maw. The ice breathing dragon looked in our direction and made his way towards us, causing both myself and Valka to bow down in respect to the alpha, our gesture of respect and submission was rewarded with a gentle breeze of icy breath from the Bewilderbeast, causing me to shiver slightly, but otherwise smile.