Chapter 26: Too late

A/N: Sorry for the delay, I've had a lot on my plate that involved my attention, but here we are again. Alright, things are about to go down, but until then, enjoy the next update.

(Normal pov)

Icy cold water was dumped over Hiccup's head, waking him up instantly and leaving him sputtering curses and shivering with gritted teeth. The bodyguards who protected Stoick, however, ignored Hiccup's curses and unchained him from the totem and took hold of him, and then dragged him towards the docks. As drowsiness began to fade, Hiccup could see that the Hairy Hooligan army were all entering warships, some were loading supplies for the journey as well: rations, weapons, catapults, and other machines of war.

As Hiccup was thrown into Stoick's warship, the young runaway laid eyes on a large, chained Monstrous Nightmare with a muzzle around its maw, a thick collar strapped around its neck and tail with equally thick chains attached to a metal base in the center of the ship. The dragon looked to Hiccup and hissed at him, but as he extended a hand to the Nightmare's snout, the dragon's thin pupils and hostile behavior ceased somewhat and was replaced with ease as the dragon smelled the scent of a far more deadly dragon.

"Set sail! We head for Helheim's Gate!"

Hiccup turned around and saw Stoick entering his warship, a shield in one hand and his mighty war hammer in another hand. Behind him, was Gobber and many of Stoick's inner circle who were some of the best warriors in the clan. The Hooligan chieftain threw the tethered, and chained Monstrous Nightmare a murderous glare and hissed out. "Take us home. Devil," he then barked out. "Row!" Soon enough, the head warship began to move as the warriors on board began rowing. Hiccup, who was crouched beside the Nightmare, was then yanked up to his feet by Spitelout and was forced to face his father. "You. If you attempt to sabotage this effort or if you make any attempt to flee, I will cave in your skull myself."

"I have no intentions of fleeing, whatever we find at Helheim's Gate is most likely going to kill you all for me," Hiccup said with a smirk. "And I look forward to seeing you all finally get what you deserve... well, almost all of you." Shooting Gobber a smile, the blacksmith returned his former apprentice's smile.

Stoick snorted Hiccup's words and shook his head. "You believe you can turn Gobber to your side, and make him see that the devils aren't what we think they are?"

"I know I can," Hiccup said firmly. "Believe it or not, I wish you could see the dragons for what they really are. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll live long enough to see the truth."

Scoffing at his words, Stoick shook his head and bore his teeth. "I will never stoop to your level of treason, boy, I already see the dragons for what they really are," the Hooligan chieftain then pointed his hammer at Hiccup's face. "When we emerge victorious over the dragons, and when we return to Berk, your time on Midgard will finally come to an end, and I will take your life for your treason and grievous offenses."

Valka couldn't believe that she coming back to Berk, the place that had caused her so much pain was just beyond the horizon, and the last thing she wanted to do was ever lay eyes on that wet heap of rock. The only reason she'd ever return was that Hiccup, her true love was held against his will, suffering the wrath of both Stoick the Vast and the Hairy Hooligans. For many nights, Valka feared about the state of being Hiccup was in, the thought of finding Hiccup mutilated, defaced, or killed made Valka's stomach churn with nausea and her veins flowed with anxiousness and worry. Cloudjumper, sensing his rider's concern, turned his head and gave a worried warble, Valka looked down at her dragon and sighed shakily.

"I am ready to bring him home Cloudjumper," she said firmly. "Hiccup will be home soon."

Turning around, Valka laid eyes on the Wingmaidens that accompanied her were in fact keeping up, this group of fierce women was led by Minden. She was a rising star among Atali's ranks and eager to prove her worth to her leader, obliging Minden's request, Atali gave her command over the Wingmaidens sent with Valka to rescue Hiccup from the Hairy Hooligan's hold. As for the Defenders of the Wing, they were sailing in a boat that seemed to fly like the wind, it kept pace with the dragon riders in the air, so the group of dragon sympathizers didn't have to worry about one or another falling behind.